Wikiposts

Pool anyone ?

Old May 28th 2003, 4:13 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pool anyone ?

Now I know why theres so many kids with Asthma in WA.

Chemicals used to keep swimming pools clean may be behind the rise in asthma in children, a study suggests.
Researchers in Belgium have found that chlorine in pools can react with sweat or urine to create harmful fumes which can damage lungs.

Old May 28th 2003, 6:12 pm
Pommie_Bastard

(Glad I got that wheeze off me chest.)

Old May 28th 2003, 9:11 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pool anyone ?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Now I know why theres so many kids with Asthma in WA.

Chemicals used to keep swimming pools clean may be behind the rise in asthma in children, a study suggests.
Researchers in Belgium have found that chlorine in pools can react with sweat or urine to create harmful fumes which can damage lungs.

That's funny - I was born and brought up in South Africa and regularly inhaled the dust from the HTH chlorine my dad used to throw into the pool while we were swimming (he was a cruel dad); and the cases of asthma in children were far lower there than they are here. I think kids have got more chance of getting asthma from air pollution in this country than say a place like Australia.
Old May 28th 2003, 9:29 pm
Nutty Nurse

LondonNurse will become famous soon enoughLondonNurse will become famous soon enough

The same story is on the UK news today - same wherever you go mate.

Not surprising really. When you go swimming in a chlorinated pool you're basically swimming in diluted bleach arn't you? No wonder regular swimmers have damage to their lungs comparable to smokers.
Old May 28th 2003, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

lenaro_w is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm screwed then as a regular of both!