Pool

Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:11 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Pool

Just scooped a dead lizard out of our pool - appears to have drowned. Scared me. My 3 yr old said its ok dont worry its only a lizard. A big one but only a lizard mummy!!!!!!

Jo
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool

Poor thing
Was it a bobtail?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:23 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridie
Poor thing
Was it a bobtail?
No idea its still in the net. I am leaving it for my DH to deal with when he gets home from work. I know I dont mind lizards just a shock to see it floating in the pool. Had it been a snake I would have freaked!!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Poor thing
Was it a bobtail?
I regularly fish out dead frogs. A couple of weeks ago on a moonlit swim a (live) cane toad joined me !!! Few spiders round the edges. No lizards yet and thankfully no snakes either. Phew.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:35 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Most snakes can swim so it would have still been alive.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the reason frogs died was something to do with the chlorine, or do they get too tired trying to climb out?
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought it because they cant get out..... I know we've had live frogs in ours so cant be the chemicals...
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

I would have thought it because they cant get out..... I know we've had live frogs in ours so cant be the chemicals...
yeah we've had live ones too but I thought they hadn't fried yet!!

Maybe hop off to die a lonely death elsewhere after I think I've rescued them...
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

we had a snake in the skimmer box lucky my wife found it i would of sh** myself, contacted local council they advised put a stick in skimmer box so it can get out & go on his way. I did notice a petrol strimmer will just fit in the skimmer box
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:26 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by calNgary
I did notice a petrol strimmer will just fit in the skimmer box
They are better whole, especially on the BBQ... If you mince them first they tend to fall through.