Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The poo has hit the fan....................

The poo has hit the fan....................

Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:21 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The poo has hit the fan....................

Well, it looks like, for the time being we are stuck in blighty.

DIMIA have finally graced us with a response to our appeal regarding our SIR Visa, and this is what they sent to my agent.........

Dear *****
>
> I am sorry that I have taken so long to get back to you on this particular
> case but Anna *******s email of 12 October says it all. There is no
> provision for us to change a 134 (skilled matching) to a 495 (SIR). There
> IS provision to change a 136 to a 495.
>
> The best I can do is accept that ******** advice could be construed as
> being misleading - of course the receipt date of the SIR application would
> be the lodgement date and having been told something so obvious I can see
> that you might have thought she was saying that we would make the SIR
> application lodgement date the date we received the 134 application. This
> we can't do so I am prepared to refund the SIR application fee as no doubt
> you would not have lodged it had you thought the lodgement date would
> have
> been the date we received the application (post his birthday).
>
> The skilled matching application remains current and his details have
> already been forwarded for adding to the skilled matching database. He is
> going have to actively seek nomination.
>
> Regards
>
>**********

So we are well and truly ****'d now. Who in their right minds is going to want to employ someone in the UK for something as simple as a leisure centre manager?

I am SO MAD with my agents as I feel they took us on under false pretences and gave us false hope. But they happily took £1800 of our savings (its all gone now) but the bastards stuck a clasue in our contract saying

''should it not be possible to lodge the application with DIMIA prior to 13/7/04 (haydns 30th) due to the short time frames that 1st contact have to work with'' they will noy honour the no visa, no fee claim.

Do you think I have a case to get my money back as technically they DID lodge the skill matching VISA application before July 13 and their clause is not specific to the actual SIR Visa?

Have you ever been truly heartbroken and wanted something SO badly, only to be shot down? I refuse to accept that this is the end...there has to be some way? WE MISSED THE DEADLINE BY THIRTEEN DAYS.

Last edited by lucyb; Nov 17th 2004 at 9:33 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:25 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The poo has hit the fan....................

Don't give up Lucy, keep fighting.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

I am so sorry. Sitting here and thinking I can't really help you out except sit here going "oh shit" out loud to my Mr Logan as he reads about your plight over my shoulder. Keep fighting as we know it's so worth while in the long run. Hopefully someon else will have some more constructive advice, but thinking of ya. Logan
Old Nov 17th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

God Lucy, I`m very sorry

I dont know what else to say, feel for you loads.

Sorry Sue x
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb

DIMIA have finally graced us with a response to our appeal regarding our SIR Visa, and this is what they sent to my agent.........

Dear *****
>
>
> have
>
>
> Regards
>
>**********

So we are well and truly ****'d now. Who in their right minds is going to want to employ someone in the UK for something as simple as a leisure centre manager?

I am SO MAD with my agents as I feel they took us on under false pretences and gave us false hope. But they happily took £1800 of our savings (its all gone now) but the bastards stuck a clasue in our contract saying

''should it not be possible to lodge the application with DIMIA prior to 13/7/04 (haydns 30th) due to the short time frames that 1st contact have to work with'' they will noy honour the no visa, no fee claim.

Do you think I have a case to get my money back as technically they DID lodge the skill matching VISA application before July 13 and their clause is not specific to the actual SIR Visa?

Have you ever been truly heartbroken and wanted something SO badly, only to be shot down? I refuse to accept that this is the end...there has to be some way? WE MISSED THE DEADLINE BY THIRTEEN DAYS.
I'm so sorry for you Lucy, as it's back to the drawing board it would seem..

Money and crap agents aside, would you consider retraining in an in-demand area of work? I got shot down in flames last time I dared to suggest to anyone that Nursing was a good way to get to Aus, possibly because some folks assumed I was doing it purely for that reason, when in fact I love what I do (Mental Health Nurse), and getting into Aus is simply a positive spin off.

It would take you a few years to re-train and your skills may no longer be in demand by then, but with Nursing I think if anything those skills would be in even bigger demand.

Just an idea.....doesn't have to be Nursing, but it may be the best solution long term. Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best of luck.

Tony.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I'm so sorry for you Lucy, as it's back to the drawing board it would seem..

Money and crap agents aside, would you consider retraining in an in-demand area of work? I got shot down in flames last time I dared to suggest to anyone that Nursing was a good way to get to Aus, possibly because some folks assumed I was doing it purely for that reason, when in fact I love what I do (Mental Health Nurse), and getting into Aus is simply a positive spin off.

It would take you a few years to re-train and your skills may no longer be in demand by then, but with Nursing I think if anything those skills would be in even bigger demand.

Just an idea.....doesn't have to be Nursing, but it may be the best solution long term. Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best of luck.

Tony.
I dont know really...definitely not nursing as Im terrified of needles!
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but you don't have to inject yourself! Er.....unless you want to of course.....

How about IT? Hairdressing? Certain aspects of the building trade? Er.....accountancy? Er....
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:13 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, and I was going to suggest DJ
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:23 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Dear *****
>
>
> have
>
>
> Regards
>
>**********

Lucy, keep at it there is always a way, you must be heartbroken at the moment but while it's the last thing you want to here just keep your dream alive.

Regards

THE MADSADS.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:39 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Lucy, keep at it there is always a way, you must be heartbroken at the moment but while it's the last thing you want to here just keep your dream alive.

Regards

THE MADSADS.
Unfortunately there is not 'always' a way. Sometimes false hope is worse than no hope at all.

Offshore applicants have no right of appeal on SIR. And if agent is not registered with MARA, there's no scope even to put in a complaint in that restriction (hint - only hire registered agents). Any complaint against the agent must be made under UK law unless the agent is MARA registered.

Lucy - as others have said, you best hope lies in some kind of retraining. This may or may not work out for migration purposes but would likely benefit you in the UK anyway. And if migration doesn't work out in the end then that's not good, but there are worse things that life can throw at you, a read of the daily papers should confirm that.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 17th 2004 at 10:41 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
Unfortunately there is not 'always' a way. Sometimes false hope is worse than no hope at all.

Offshore applicants have no right of appeal on SIR. And if agent is not registered with MARA, there's no scope even to put in a complaint in that restriction (hint - only hire registered agents). Any complaint against the agent must be made under UK law.

Lucy - as others have said, you best hope lies in some kind of retraining. This may or may not work out for migration purposes but would likely benefit you in the UK anyway. And if migration doesn't work out in the end then that's not good, but there are worse things that life can throw at you, a read of the daily papers should confirm that.

Jeremy

um thanks. I know you are right, but it's harsh reading in my current fragile state.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:24 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

So sorry to hear your news Lucy, not what you or any of us on here wanted to read. I have no pearls of wisdom I'm afraid, but I really hope it works out for you and hubby.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

Sent you karma Lucy. Not quite as good as a visa, but just a wee gesture.....
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

Hi Lucy

Please don't give up hope. I know some people have said re train and it seems a lot of hassle but it is what I did.

I wanted to emigrate but I didn't have a skill ( I was a stay at home mum and a single parent to three children). I went to college for a year to do a Higher Access course and then I went to university to train to be a nurse. It's taken a long time but I have just been granted my visa so it has all been worth while.

Don't give up, keep on fighting for your dream and it will happen.

Best of luck.

Sue
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:10 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

um thanks. I know you are right, but it's harsh reading in my current fragile state.
So sorry to hear your news Lucy - many of us have been there/done that so can really sympathise.

When we were applying, a change in the points system made it appear that we wouldn't qualify. We started to consider other countries, & got quite enthusiastic about Canada. The emigration requirements seemed to work more in our favor &, having to been to both Canada & Australia, I felt I could really live in either (btw, Canadian supermarkets are definitely better!).

You could carry on with pursuing Oz by retraining, as people here suggest, and look at other options as a 'Plan B'. I've had several friends move to places like Sweden, Holland & Switzerland and end up loving it. So think 'the world is your oyster' and maybe you'll find another solution.

Very best of luck anyway, & I hope you find somewhere nice to settle, wherever in the world it is.

Cheers,
Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.