Poms and Perth

Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Poms and Perth

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Why do so many Poms want to move to Perth. Most other migrant nationalities prefer Sydney or Melbourne. Alot of Aussies see Perth as a small isolated city miles from anywhere surrounded by desert. With house prices in Perth so inflated now is it worth moving there over the eastern states, is the quality of life better in Perth then the eastern states?
We chose Perth because family were already here. If they lived in Brissy or Adelaide then we would have gone there!
I can't make any comparisons as we have never been anywhere else in OZ, but i think Perth is small and quiet.
If your not a person who cares for beaches then Perth isn't gonna float your boat, but from what i have heard Brissy and Melbourne have everything else that Perth lacks.
Perth nice for a holiday though
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:33 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Tasmania is like Scotland without the luxury of being attached to England
Do Tasmanians all hate "mainlanders" in the same way as the Scots hate the English?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather
I have family here already so that was a major factor in our decision,
That was exactly our reason for heading over this side May not be 12,000 miles away from them now but we're far enough
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:45 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Do Tasmanians all hate "mainlanders" in the same way as the Scots hate the English?
What jealous you mean

I think there generally to old to care
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Why do so many Poms want to move to Perth. Most other migrant nationalities prefer Sydney or Melbourne. Alot of Aussies see Perth as a small isolated city miles from anywhere surrounded by desert. With house prices in Perth so inflated now is it worth moving there over the eastern states, is the quality of life better in Perth then the eastern states?
And what a great feeling, Isolated from the rest of the world !
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:31 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Poms and Perth

Originally Posted by renth
Nope. There is some antagonism in isolated areas, but you won't find trouble unless you go looking for it.

When my family first moved to Tassie, we had our car vandalised several times and our milk deliveries stolen.

Fortunately, that's all changed now. On previous visits during the last 6 years, I've found that the locals couldn't be friendlier! And in many places they still fill your car up for you at the servo, which is nice.

Tassie has come a hell of a long way since I lived there as a kid in the 80s.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Sydney is like London with sunshine.
Brilliant - London with sunshine and beaches? You've just made my decision for me - I'm off

Seriously though, everyone's looking for something different (or perhaps I'm looking for something different?). I like Fremantle a lot, always have - but the sprawling suburbs of a lot of the rest of Perth are leaving me cold at the moment, and the CBD doesn't seem to have a whole lot to offer me.

Beaches though ... can't complain there!

I don't know what it is that makes so many people love Perth, I wish I did! For me though I want something a bit more cosmopolitan and lively, which is why it looks like we'll be heading east in the not-too-distant future.

Last edited by noonard; Nov 29th 2006 at 6:10 am.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:00 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
And in many places they still fill your car up for you at the servo, which is nice.
And charge you $1:40 a litre for the privelidge
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:45 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Poms and Perth

And charge you $1:40 a litre for the privelidge
It's currently $1.23, actually. Which is still less than the price of UK petrol.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:31 am
Banned

666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you not read my comment about Hobart ??? we visited friends there for 6 days, after 4 we managed to escape.

Tasmania is like Scotland without the luxury of being attached to England
sure it can look nice, but its so boring, the weather is worse than the UK. For most getting a decent Job would be the problem.
I bet your "friends" were pleased to see the back of you with an attitude like that! I live in Tasmania and I love living here - it is a great place to live and doesn't seem to attract the wingeing poms and tw*ts like other states.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 666
I bet your "friends" were pleased to see the back of you with an attitude like that! I live in Tasmania and I love living here - it is a great place to live and doesn't seem to attract the wingeing poms and tw*ts like other states.
everyone's entitled to their opinion dear!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 666
lovely first post, welcome to BE.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
lovely first post, welcome to BE.
someone in disguise maybe?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
someone in disguise maybe?
you have become too cynical
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We are hoping to move to Brisbane or the Gold Coast. We have familiy there which has swayed our decision a bit but we really liked the area when we visited. We didn't go to Perth on our visit but we plan to go there one day. Personally we couldn't move to somewhere that we haven't visited and to us it does seem a bit isolated. We've chosen the area we have as we really feel that we could live there and be happy. If we're not then maybe we would look into moving to Perth or somewhere else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.