Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

POMS IN PARADISE

POMS IN PARADISE

Old May 12th 2011, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POMS IN PARADISE

Originally Posted by fish.01
The way most people stereotype Canberra despite barely knowing a small bit of it I'm sure you would have the wisdom not to be one of those people
LOL true! However you will find that the sledging of various places/people/things is a very common Aussie trait so I am sure that no one gets upset by it.

It was actually more of a dig at the title adopted by the program - I am sure it is as nice a place as anywhere in Australia to live but Paradise? I think not. I dont know if the general UK public realizes that it is essentially advertising and whilst they would never dream of heading off to Maccas because they saw the ad on telly, they would uproot their families and head off to the other side of the world because of an ad they saw purporting to be reality. Of course, it wouldnt have had nearly the same intended impact if it were titled Poms in Purgatory
Old May 12th 2011, 10:59 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Cool More quality UK TV to watch
Old May 13th 2011, 7:28 am
Just Joined

longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point

Old May 13th 2011, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
LOL true! However you will find that the sledging of various places/people/things is a very common Aussie trait so I am sure that no one gets upset by it.

It was actually more of a dig at the title adopted by the program - I am sure it is as nice a place as anywhere in Australia to live but Paradise? I think not. I dont know if the general UK public realizes that it is essentially advertising and whilst they would never dream of heading off to Maccas because they saw the ad on telly, they would uproot their families and head off to the other side of the world because of an ad they saw purporting to be reality. Of course, it wouldnt have had nearly the same intended impact if it were titled Poms in Purgatory
And then they scream that the Australian govt lied to them...never blame ITV do they
Old May 13th 2011, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
And then they scream that the Australian govt lied to them...never blame ITV do they
Nope poor gullible suckers.
Old May 13th 2011, 11:48 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

O.K.....almost certain I should know the answer AND it's going to be technical but it there a way that I can get to see this show in Australia?.....I've had a quick look, but it doesn't seem possible??

Cheers Ears......

Old May 13th 2011, 11:54 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
O.K.....almost certain I should know the answer AND it's going to be technical but it there a way that I can get to see this show in Australia?.....I've had a quick look, but it doesn't seem possible??

Cheers Ears......

download it via a torrent site
such as
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6384...PDTV.XViD-C4TV

or as your just around the corner pop round and i`ll burn it onto a cd
Old May 13th 2011, 12:03 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: POMS IN PARADISE

Poms in Paradise? Where the hell do they get their titles from? Reality tv has a lot to answer for in brainwashing the poor unsuspecting Jo Blow. Dont they realize that the GC is a bit of a joke for the bulk of Australians? Sort of along the lines of going to Blackpool for your holidays
GC is Blackpool; Canberra is Milton Keynes.

Old May 13th 2011, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

LOL yes, we even had the cows as well and our "urban art" is second to none!
Old May 14th 2011, 12:22 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Phil a his team are truly talented people. They even managed to make Canberra look good
Old May 14th 2011, 1:43 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You Steve....but my Husband who being an electrician/technical minded soul himself took pity on my deep confused sighs and took over It is now downloading ....I was missing a driver of some kind apparently

Thank-you for your offer, I really appreciate it

Jan x
Old May 14th 2011, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Phil a his team are truly talented people. They even managed to make Canberra look good
Yehp, He and his Wench actually made Crystal Palace.. Upper Norwood it should be... look almost as good as Paris and Barcelona in one episode.
Old May 14th 2011, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

That made me chuckle...I know where I would rather be living.
Old May 14th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
That made me chuckle...I know where I would rather be living.
me too..
Old May 14th 2011, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you could approach ITV with your "Pom in Purgatory" idea? You couldbe in the first episode. :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.