Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poms, banned from Ozz!!!

Poms, banned from Ozz!!!

Old Feb 5th 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant futureThrud has a brilliant future
Default Poms, banned from Ozz!!!

I read last week an article in the West Australian that some group had apealed to the courts to have the word Pom be classed as racism, the premise from this group of ex UK citezens was that although they didnt mind the word Pom being used they objected to the fact that any collective noun for a chinaman, asian, african etc was deemed to be racist but Pom was ok.

Has anyone heard how they did?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Poms, banned from Ozz!!!

Originally Posted by Thrud
I read last week an article in the West Australian that some group had apealed to the courts to have the word Pom be classed as racism, the premise from this group of ex UK citezens was that although they didnt mind the word Pom being used they objected to the fact that any collective noun for a chinaman, asian, african etc was deemed to be racist but Pom was ok.

i read that too i think they are a pack of sad gits that need too get out more.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:41 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robert cowan

Hear, Hear... couldn't agree more.. if they don't like it, they could always go back to Blackpool or wherever it was they came from!!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Poms, banned from Ozz!!!

Originally Posted by Thrud

They were laughed out of court.

Now they're going to the UN.

Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
They were laughed out of court.

Now they're going to the UN.

Is that cos they like being laughed at
Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

What a bunch of idiots!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:00 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Poms, banned from Ozz!!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
Is that cos they like being laughed at
I think the rationale is that if they're going to be laughed at, they'd prefer to be laughed at by people with more sophisticated accents.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

whit a shower ov fannies they are...I am going to find their website and I am going to tell them just that
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
whit a shower ov fannies they are...I am going to find their website and I am going to tell them just that

Can I join in?

If you find it post the link cos I can't find it
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
too right
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:23 pm

Can I join in?

If you find it post the link cos I can't find it
still looking lol
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by biggy
still looking lol

Can't be very popular then
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:00 am

Can't be very popular then
i wonder why