Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pompey meet - The Compass Rose

Pompey meet - The Compass Rose

Old Jun 7th 2004, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Pompey meet - The Compass Rose

Having spent over an hour looking at pubs in Pompey, I've finally decided to go with The Compass Rose, for this Saturdays meet.
(Saturday 12th June 2004)
There's a beer garden and play equipment plus there's a park nearby for any teenagers / older kids. Perhaps we could bring a football and have a game?
We'll meet at 3.00pm, but will probably be around for most of the day, so don't worry if you want to turn up later. If it rains, we'll go inside, but hopefully we'll be out in the garden.
Look for the "British Expats" sign!

Please sign up below if you're able to come. Some of us old-timers will be there, but any Newbies are welcome too!
The meet is open to all wannabee Aus/Nz expats, you don't have to be from the Pompey area. Encourage your teens to come along, they usually hit it off and have a good time. Young children / babies are welcome too.
See you all on Saturday!
Larissa
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

mandy smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WE WILL BE THERE

we are coming and bringing our friends as they are interested in
living in Perth.
so thats
mandy
lance
andy
sarah
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Great! I've also posted on Poms in Perth, not sure whether to post on other forums
Old Jun 7th 2004, 1:48 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Great choice Larissa!!

I won't have far to stagger home....

As Larissa said everyone....bring your teens...mine will be there (as long as I can drag him away from the pc) I'm sure he'd like someone else there do do his Kevin & Perry bit with. He's 14 BTW. My 11 year old demon will also grace us with his presence as will my 8 year old girl.

Looking forward to seeing you all!!!!!

Petra
Old Jun 7th 2004, 3:10 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by artep
Great choice Larissa!!

I won't have far to stagger home....

As Larissa said everyone....bring your teens...mine will be there (as long as I can drag him away from the pc) I'm sure he'd like someone else there do do his Kevin & Perry bit with. He's 14 BTW. My 11 year old demon will also grace us with his presence as will my 8 year old girl.

Looking forward to seeing you all!!!!!

Petra
Hey Petra, round yours for a night cap!!!!!!

See you all there, the Best family 5 in total.

Lisa x
Old Jun 7th 2004, 5:04 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

Hello again

Just spoken to my newbie friends and they have all said they will be coming family of 4 and family of 3.

Pauline noticed you have near your avatar Mandurah one day, have you been there only it is a place we are definately interested in settling in.

Bye for now, Lisa x
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Bump!!!
Anyone else interested?
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont forget us.................Me, Mick, a stroppy 16 year old and a 13 year old that never seems to know what day it is!!!
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:47 am
Just Joined

stuartmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pompey meet - The Compass Rose

Originally posted by Larissa
Having spent over an hour looking at pubs in Pompey, I've finally decided to go with The Compass Rose, for this Saturdays meet.
(Saturday 12th June 2004)
There's a beer garden and play equipment plus there's a park nearby for any teenagers / older kids. Perhaps we could bring a football and have a game?
We'll meet at 3.00pm, but will probably be around for most of the day, so don't worry if you want to turn up later. If it rains, we'll go inside, but hopefully we'll be out in the garden.
Look for the "British Expats" sign!

Please sign up below if you're able to come. Some of us old-timers will be there, but any Newbies are welcome too!
The meet is open to all wannabee Aus/Nz expats, you don't have to be from the Pompey area. Encourage your teens to come along, they usually hit it off and have a good time. Young children / babies are welcome too.
See you all on Saturday!
Larissa
Hi where is the Compass Rose in Pompey...........not far from Pompey so I know the area pretty well.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:49 am
Soon to be Visas holders

Stuartmac

The Compass Rose is right next door to Safeways at Anchorage park, can get to it off the Eastern Road.

See you there

Lisa
Old Jun 8th 2004, 8:50 am
Just Joined

stuartmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pete n lisa
Stuartmac

The Compass Rose is right next door to Safeways at Anchorage park, can get to it off the Eastern Road.

See you there

Lisa
Thanks know where you mean now.......hope to be there Saturday
Old Jun 8th 2004, 10:25 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Just givin' it a bump...

So far then we have :

Larissa + Blim + 2 lovely sprogs

Myself + bloke + 1 ok sprog (8), 1 gobby 11 year old and a greasy haired teenager (14)

Sandra + Mick + stroppy 16 year old and a spaced out 13 year old

Lisa + Pete + 2 gorgeous little blondes + great 13 year old (He is 13 isn't he Lisa?)

mandy
lance
andy
sarah
Any sprogs you guys?

Lisa's friends - families of 4 and 3
Stuartmac
Pauline + family

I make that a potential 30+ bodies.....should be a good day!

Right everyone - GET PRAYING FOR THE WEATHER TO HOLD!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2004, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone bringing any older sprogs..............strange that most of our 13/14 year old are all at the same school. but dont speak to each other.
i asked my jake if he spoke to yours petra and he grunted.na. just look at him.well i think thats what he said!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bump to the top!
Bloomin ek... this forum doesn't half get busy. It was on the secong page before I bumped it!
Old Jun 8th 2004, 6:45 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by pete n lisa
Hello again

Just spoken to my newbie friends and they have all said they will be coming family of 4 and family of 3.

Pauline noticed you have near your avatar Mandurah one day, have you been there only it is a place we are definately interested in settling in.

Bye for now, Lisa x
Hi Lisa, yes I have been to Mandurah, used to go their on holiday when I lived in oz. Emigrated out there when I was 10 father brought us back when I was 13. Holiday in Mandurah, lovely place not to far away from Perth...

We could be coming with friends as well that are interested in Oz.

So thats Pauline, John + 3 kids, 2 friends + 3 kids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.