Reload this Page >

Pommie Perplexed

Pommie Perplexed

Old Sep 6th 2005, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

dicanilol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pommie Perplexed

Gday everybody:0)

Am applying for regional visa and have sponsorship from South Australian government and positive skills assessment too! so surely I'm almost there well hech NO! Medical tomorrow - unnerving prospect police check still to come but paperwork surely out of the way soon. So please someone tell me what happens next?

I leave for oz on the 13th of November and now have ETA as i don't think visa will be through in time.

So oz tell me i have to be outside of oz to get visa so can i pop to new Zealand to get it or must i come home.

Would love to start work as a teacher at the end of Jan but who knows!

How do you receive a visa - is it a stamp in my passport thus where will i have to send my passport to and can i travel outside of the UK b4 November or should i sit tight?! HELP - IF U CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE I'll BUY YOU A BEER ON ARRIVAL!

Wish i had no wuckin furries but right now i leave the UK in 9 weeks and don't know if I'll have to come back to the UK - i hope not!

Lawrence
Old Sep 6th 2005, 9:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pommie Perplexed

Originally Posted by dicanilol
Gday everybody:0)

Am applying for regional visa and have sponsorship from South Australian government and positive skills assessment too! so surely I'm almost there well hech NO! Medical tomorrow - unnerving prospect police check still to come but paperwork surely out of the way soon. So please someone tell me what happens next?

I leave for oz on the 13th of November and now have ETA as i don't think visa will be through in time.

So oz tell me i have to be outside of oz to get visa so can i pop to new Zealand to get it or must i come home.

Would love to start work as a teacher at the end of Jan but who knows!

How do you receive a visa - is it a stamp in my passport thus where will i have to send my passport to and can i travel outside of the UK b4 November or should i sit tight?! HELP - IF U CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE I'll BUY YOU A BEER ON ARRIVAL!

Wish i had no wuckin furries but right now i leave the UK in 9 weeks and don't know if I'll have to come back to the UK - i hope not!

Lawrence
Hi. Yes you must be outside of Oz when the visa is granted and when you get the sticker / stamp in your passport. When you filled in form 47sk it asked you to nominate where you wanted the visa granting. You can do this in Auckland but if you are planning on travelling to Oz before it is granted, you must tell your case officer your holiday plans.

Be very careful because if (for example) you have a one way ticket but you arrive on an ETA, you may actually be refused entry.

Having said that, if you've been asked for medicals already, there's a chance the visa could be granted before November anyway. In which case you would want to get the sticker in London - much easier.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:42 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I am sure I am wrong on this BUT, is it not the case that if u have applied for a certain class of visa, and then apply for another this cancels out the earlier application......am prolly talkin shite as usual
Old Sep 6th 2005, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Lawrence,

Our STNI visa was granted about 3/4 weeks after our medicals so you might still be ok!

For info on Adelaide check out AdelaideBrits

Good luck with your visa, hope it comes in time!

Nikki
xx
Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Ok I am sure I am wrong on this BUT, is it not the case that if u have applied for a certain class of visa, and then apply for another this cancels out the earlier application......am prolly talkin shite as usual

There is a general rule that a later visa *grant* cancels a visa already held, however since 1 July 2002 an ETA cannot legally take effect if another visa is held.

Trying to *move* to Australia on an ETA or tourist visa is not a good idea.

Jeremy
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:11 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is a general rule that a later visa *grant* cancels a visa already held, however since 1 July 2002 an ETA cannot legally take effect if another visa is held.

Trying to *move* to Australia on an ETA or tourist visa is not a good idea.

Jeremy

och see I knew I was talkin shite lol
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:08 am
Just Joined

dicanilol is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you - will keep you posted - thanks for the advice lawrence

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hi. Yes you must be outside of Oz when the visa is granted and when you get the sticker / stamp in your passport. When you filled in form 47sk it asked you to nominate where you wanted the visa granting. You can do this in Auckland but if you are planning on travelling to Oz before it is granted, you must tell your case officer your holiday plans.

Be very careful because if (for example) you have a one way ticket but you arrive on an ETA, you may actually be refused entry.

Having said that, if you've been asked for medicals already, there's a chance the visa could be granted before November anyway. In which case you would want to get the sticker in London - much easier.

Hope this helps