Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

'Pommie Bastardisms'

'Pommie Bastardisms'

Old Feb 12th 2003, 6:14 am
2thick

Default 'Pommie Bastardisms'

PB, for me at least, is an endless source of amusement. I thought it might be worth preserving some of his better efforts for posterity (in the form of an easily accessible list). Since I am, according to PB, a Sun reader I can only manage to remember one or two things at a time. Perhaps others can help me?!?. Herewith my starting effort, albeit not great:

i. You have to be living somewhere at the time in order to have an opinion on it. Otherwise everything you say is totally worthless, unless, of course, you are PB himself (PB, 2003).

Old Feb 12th 2003, 6:23 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Pommie Bastardisms'

Originally posted by 2thick
PB, for me at least, is an endless source of amusement. I thought it might be worth preserving some of his better efforts for posterity (in the form of an easily accessible list). Since I am, according to PB, a Sun reader I can only manage to remember one or two things at a time. Perhaps others can help me?!?. Herewith my starting effort, albeit not great:

i. You have to be living somewhere at the time in order to have an opinion on it. Otherwise everything you say is totally worthless, unless, of course, you are PB himself (PB, 2003).
Now you would'nt happen to be a radio 2 listener would you?
PB your becoming an Icon on here mate all these posts dedicated to you.
Just for the record mine is this Gem:

Originally posted by pommie bastard
99.99 % of the population of of the UK live nowhere near a river and have never had a flood
Old Feb 12th 2003, 6:24 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Look I feel very humble to have fans like yourself this could be fun , but then again it does look like that I have wounded you in some way for which I am sorry .
But if I give you something to live for thats great because you are trapped in that hell hole called the UK , your life would improve by coming to the land of plenty so hurry here I will make room for you lest I could do.

Old Feb 12th 2003, 6:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cresta57

99.99 % of the population of of the UK live nowhere near a river and have never had a flood
Well if you look at the major cities and there location would I be right or wrong ? never seen a one in 30 odd years I was there.

Old Feb 12th 2003, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeez PB you're certainly becoming more (in)famous - my favourite

"I wish I still was a dreamer" (PB, circa 2003?)

DPR
Old Feb 12th 2003, 7:15 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you look at the major cities and there location would I be right or wrong ? never seen a one in 30 odd years I was there.

Err where do I start major cities and towns London I recall they had to build the Thames barrier, Edinburgh on the Forth, Glasgow the Clyde, Newcastle the Tyne, Liverpool the Mersey Middlesbrough the Tees Sunderland the Wear York the Ouse,Stoke on Trent, Nottingham the Trent, Peterboro' the Nene Cardiff and Swansea on the coast Then we have Oxford, Cambridge, Trowbridge, Guilford, Plymouth, Bedford
Are you bored yet?
Almost all of the towns and cities villages and hamlets were founded upon rivers because it's a case of bringing Mohamed to the mountain,
I'll wager you can't name as many that are in your words "nowhere near a river" to ones that were founded on a river or are next to the sea.
But then again you don't live here so your opinions are again in your own words "worthless"
Old Feb 12th 2003, 9:11 pm
2thick

Err where do I start major cities and towns London I recall they had to build the Thames barrier, Edinburgh on the Forth, Glasgow the Clyde, Newcastle the Tyne, Liverpool the Mersey Middlesbrough the Tees Sunderland the Wear York the Ouse,Stoke on Trent, Nottingham the Trent, Peterboro' the Nene Cardiff and Swansea on the coast Then we have Oxford, Cambridge, Trowbridge, Guilford, Plymouth, Bedford
Are you bored yet?
Almost all of the towns and cities villages and hamlets were founded upon rivers because it's a case of bringing Mohamed to the mountain,
I'll wager you can't name as many that are in your words "nowhere near a river" to ones that were founded on a river or are next to the sea.
But then again you don't live here so your opinions are again in your own words "worthless"
PB, hoist by your own petard; a few more

'Look I feel very humble ..'

'You Scots are some of the toughest people on the planet the thugs here are easy meat compared to Glasgow'

2thick

Old Feb 12th 2003, 10:34 pm
Banned

PB, hoist by your own petard; a few more

'Look I feel very humble ..'

'You Scots are some of the toughest people on the planet the thugs here are easy meat compared to Glasgow'

2thick

Would the Scots disagree my outlaws love to take bits out of each other and any passing english man , the Scots have always been hard men in battle.
Not many get TB either thought it is cold and damp up there most of the year , not to many Indians up there though.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 13th 2003 at 5:11 am.
Old Feb 12th 2003, 10:36 pm
Banned

Originally posted by dpr21

DPR
Is there any cash to be earned out of this lark maybe I should write a book .

Old Feb 13th 2003, 3:18 am
Banned

Are you bored yet?
You do ramble on how many cities have flooded and most land around the rivers is far to exspensive for most to buy ,so most live farther out plus the rivers are banked up to such a hight that it would take tidel wave to flood a lot of them as I said 99% have never seen a flood.
Edinburgh city centre is not on a River or near it the Firth of Forth is a few miles away and for it to flood it would have to rise about 100ft.
I could name far more that are nowhere near a river and forget that some you named are coastal cities, but your claim is that most of the UK is flooding at some time and affects masses of the population is unfounded.
If you are so keen to back up your post , put figures of homes flooded in the UK in 2002 on your next reply ifs its 1% of the total of homes there I would be most surprised.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 13th 2003 at 5:08 am.
Old Feb 13th 2003, 7:37 am
2thick

...even a trained ape like myself could do your job

Old Feb 13th 2003, 7:52 am
2thick

Originally posted by Pommie Bastard
most entrepreneurial people I have met here own a Ute and have a dog in the back and employ no one and put sod all into the economy

Old Feb 13th 2003, 6:05 pm

You do ramble on how many cities have flooded and most land around the rivers is far to exspensive for most to buy ,so most live farther out plus the rivers are banked up to such a hight that it would take tidel wave to flood a lot of them as I said 99% have never seen a flood.
Edinburgh city centre is not on a River or near it the Firth of Forth is a few miles away and for it to flood it would have to rise about 100ft.
I could name far more that are nowhere near a river and forget that some you named are coastal cities, but your claim is that most of the UK is flooding at some time and affects masses of the population is unfounded.
If you are so keen to back up your post , put figures of homes flooded in the UK in 2002 on your next reply ifs its 1% of the total of homes there I would be most surprised.

OK then Mr PB

The mid-2000 United Kingdom population is estimated at 59,755,700.
http://www.britainusa.com/faq/xq/asp...qx/showfaq.htm

Some 1.85m homes, 185,000 commercial properties and 5m people were now at risk from flooding in Britain, the report noted, and the risk was growing with pressure for more brown site building.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/weather/St...414238,00.html

5 million out of close to 60 million = 1/12 of the population or approx 8.5%
The figures are only approximate [I only did a general search on google these were the first results] but a damn site more than .01% you suggest.
The point I took umbrage with was the fact that according to you 99.99% live nowhere near a river. My 11 year old son was studying how early settlers in Britain built their towns and villages close to a water source out of necessity and practicality. Also how these early towns have become the cities we live in today he may be only 11 but at least he does his homework!!
Old Feb 13th 2003, 9:28 pm
2thick

Originally posted by dpr21

DPR

"This countries full of whingers.."

Pray tell PB, what is it that you do most of the time?

Old Feb 13th 2003, 10:57 pm
Banned

OK then Mr PB

The mid-2000 United Kingdom population is estimated at 59,755,700.
http://www.britainusa.com/faq/xq/asp...qx/showfaq.htm

Some 1.85m homes, 185,000 commercial properties and 5m people were now at risk from flooding in Britain, the report noted, and the risk was growing with pressure for more brown site building.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/weather/St...414238,00.html

5 million out of close to 60 million = 1/12 of the population or approx 8.5%
The figures are only approximate [I only did a general search on google these were the first results] but a damn site more than .01% you suggest.
The point I took umbrage with was the fact that according to you 99.99% live nowhere near a river. My 11 year old son was studying how early settlers in Britain built their towns and villages close to a water source out of necessity and practicality. Also how these early towns have become the cities we live in today he may be only 11 but at least he does his homework!!

Poor show being at RISK means sweet sod all try again I am at risk if the sea levels rise 60 feet , I said flooded have you tried being a spin doctor with bull like this you would be great.
So try again I will put in big letters so you can read it , NUMBER OF HOMES FLOODED LAST YEAR 2002 , there come back when you have done your home work or its early to bed.
Britain built hunderds of miles of canals in order to link cities so boats could carry cargo from one town to another because of rivers than were not deep enough or connecting , the Manchester ship canal being the biggest in the area with the biggest rain fall in the UK .
PS add how many live within 50 yards of a river ?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Feb 14th 2003 at 2:22 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.