Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pommie Bastard: friend or foe? (poll)

View Poll Results: Pommie Bastard: good input or just an irritant?
Pommie Bastard is a troll, he's not interested in giving good input just negativity
59.30%
Pommie Bastard tells it straight, he might lack a few diplomatic skills but he's honest
40.70%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Pommie Bastard: friend or foe? (poll)

Old Sep 16th 2002, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Don't knock the pros

Hi Cinderella

It is not that we are against free speech, it is just PB has nothing of any use to say. In fact, most people i have spoken to find him quite upsetting, myself included. It is a stressful and uncertain time for us all and we are happy to get constructive advice e.g. what to do/ avoid/ etc etc but he just cuts and pastes things about murders, dreadful state of economy (which let's face it, we could have far more fun in the UK doing if we had the time, energy and inclination).

Anyway- where in Cheshire are you. Email me- we could be neighbours.
Cheers
(oh yeh and small point- which part are you going to in the vast continent!)?

Nicky

Originally posted by cinderella:
I thought the whole purpose of a forum like this was to get views from all sides. So asking PB to leave just because he / she seems to annoy certain members would defeat the purpose of the forum. Every one is entitled to their views. If you don't like what PB has to say just don't read his threads.

Regards to you all,

Cinderella
Old Sep 26th 2002, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

onlyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't knock the pros

GROW UP For FERK SAKE !!
Old Sep 26th 2002, 5:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by onlyme:
GROW UP For FERK SAKE !!
Couldn't agree more, it's like a "Witch hunt"..... except the "witches" are the ones doing the hunting

cheers
Old Sep 26th 2002, 5:58 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by cinderella:
I thought the whole purpose of a forum like this was to get views from all sides. So asking PB to leave just because he / she seems to annoy certain members would defeat the purpose of the forum. Every one is entitled to their views. If you don't like what PB has to say just don't read his threads.

Regards to you all,

Cinderella
Leave the guy alone, he's a laugh. If you are SO sensitive that you can't cope with a bit of PB diplomacy then you'll struggle in the average Aussie pub conversation (this is, if you are not too timid to speak to the locals)!!
I think you should thank him for offering an alternative view. Have a think about how a democratic government functions - a politician gives a view and another one gives entirely the oppositve view, partly to antagonise and partly to ensure a sensible middle ground is achieved.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

ricky is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone coming to this forum could be seriously put off migration if they entered at a point where Pommie Bastard has been posting.
I know I nearly was!
Fortunately I was persistent, and finding this poll made me realise I should be taking most of what he says with a pinch of salt.
I don't think he should be banned, but I would like to see a warning at the start of the Forum, so visitors aren't instantly put off migration all together.

Ricky
Old Sep 26th 2002, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Don't knock the pros

Thank you Ricky. This is what i have been saying all along. I have been shaken by his comments and for all of those who have backed him up, i have to question why? I think most of the people that are backing him are also those sad, lonely people who are visiting 'emigration' web sites when they are already there and want to come back.

I f this site is to be moderated, i suggest that it allows the true 'emigrants' to gain useful imigration advice. There is no purpose to the 'cutting and pasting' of horrid news/ economic stories (let's face it we could find far more on UK news to put people off coming here), complaints about driving etc etc.

We want help and advice, not to be put off. Dont you (and you know who you are) think that this is a hard enough process without this bombardment of useless negativity. Dont forget, some of us will find true happiness in our chosen country.

I appeal to the moderators/ administrators to watch their posts carefully and if they feel they are relevant then keep them on, other than that, censor them.

This must stop before it gets even more out of hand.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 2:12 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by NickyTurner:
(snip) - I have been shaken by his comments and for all of those who have backed him up, i have to question why? I think most of the people that are backing him are also those sad, lonely people who are visiting 'emigration' web sites when they are already there and want to come back.
(snip)
QUOTE]

I am not sad, lonely or wishing to go back, I have worked long and hard to be where I am (Sydney on temp visa waiting for PR). I just have a tendency to agree with a lot of pommies points and had a laugh from the start about some of the truth of his points however badly put at times. That is my point and I am entitled to it, similar to your own views. I for one will be visiting this site less if we censure a negative point of view. If we are going to undertake such radical steps in our lives, such as emigration, we are perhaps being weak to be put off or fail at a point of view on a website. Knowing things might be bad because of our move, (and at times they have been really bad) and hearing other similar viewpoints have made me feel less insane and able to put life in perspective.

Just my view of course

Cheers
Old Sep 26th 2002, 6:02 pm
ndaltonb

Hello all,

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO BRITISHEXPAT FORUM AND NOT NOT NOT THE misc.immigration.australia+nz newsgroup

Just to let you know, the moderators will not be censuring a negative point of view, simply because it is negative, however if it is racist, abusive etc. different story. If there are a lot of "report this post to the moderators" for ANY, repeat ANY individual, we MAY, repeat MAY decide to drop them a private message.

Also, the moderators will hold to the FORUM rules once we have agreed them on this FORUM.

Please please please comment on the CALL FOR COMMENTS post. If you don't post there I may not read your views as I don't read all the posts.

Thanks

Nigel db

P.S. I have a very personal stake in not letting moderating get too bureaucratic, believe me

Old Sep 27th 2002, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

onlyme is an unknown quantity at this point

NickyTurner - please use the IGNORE list and put all these terrible people who are wrecking your life on it and give the rest of us a break from your whinging !!

If there is something on TV that you don't like, do you keep watching it ? Personally, I change the channel. Try it.
Old Sep 27th 2002, 1:46 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Herman:

Leave the guy alone, he's a laugh. If you are SO sensitive that you can't cope with a bit of PB diplomacy then you'll struggle in the average Aussie pub conversation (this is, if you are not too timid to speak to the locals)!!
I think you should thank him for offering an alternative view. Have a think about how a democratic government functions - a politician gives a view and another one gives entirely the oppositve view, partly to antagonise and partly to ensure a sensible middle ground is achieved.
Why are your posts so near to the point , its starting to worry me , no abuse and no attempt to belittle the person posting.
On top of that your comments are well thought out ,this is not normal behaviour on this forum .
You even have wit and style , this will take some thinking about no way to rattle your cage .
Good Luck to You
Old Sep 27th 2002, 1:51 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

NickyTurner - please use the IGNORE list and put all these terrible people who are wrecking your life on it and give the rest of us a break from your whinging !!

If there is something on TV that you don't like, do you keep watching it ? Personally, I change the channel. Try it.
Good advice I am sure Nicky can not mean what she says , maybe its a case of do you want to be in my gang .
Do you realy look like Harry Enfield ? mine was taken last year I was more handsome then.
Old Sep 27th 2002, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Thank you - you have echoed my sentiments exactly!!!
Old Sep 27th 2002, 12:17 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

I like pommiebastards attiude he's straight and to the point with a nice dry sense of humor to boot. Life's a bitch and then you die. Take life, live it and do what you can there's more to life believe me.

Have fun people!
Old Sep 27th 2002, 12:22 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Hello all,

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO BRITISHEXPAT FORUM AND NOT NOT NOT THE misc.immigration.australia+nz newsgroup

Just to let you know, the moderators will not be censuring a negative point of view, simply because it is negative, however if it is racist, abusive etc. different story. If there are a lot of "report this post to the moderators" for ANY, repeat ANY individual, we MAY, repeat MAY decide to drop them a private message.

Also, the moderators will hold to the FORUM rules once we have agreed them on this FORUM.

Please please please comment on the CALL FOR COMMENTS post. If you don't post there I may not read your views as I don't read all the posts.

Thanks

Nigel db

P.S. I have a very personal stake in not letting moderating get too bureaucratic, believe me
You became a moderator after all good on ya nige!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 27th 2002, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pommie Bastard: friend or foe? (poll)

I'm glad to see that everybody is welcome to give his opinion on this forum, even if it is not to say that Oz is just like paradise!

To me, this is just reality. This is what all of us will experience once settled in Australia. We will meet people who don't like immigrants, we will meet people who think that immigrants just increase the economic problem, and so on.

PB, I 've read most of your posts since I joint the forum, and they are very relevant, very interesting and realistic.

But, I will never change my mind... If the immigration service gives me my PR, I will come anyway

Last edited by mcaprio; Sep 27th 2002 at 1:18 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.