Pommie Bastard

Old Feb 28th 2004, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by janeyray
PB told it like it is. No messing and very interesting and most of what he said was right.

I find it hilarious that the ones who miss him are mainly the ones like myself who are returning to the UK

There may be some people who have posted more times than PB on this site but no one will take his place.
What I always noted about PB was a lot of people accused him of talking cra* but the majority of his threads started with a Cut and paste from a australian newspaper, PB was only really saying what OZ was saying itself

Quite funny really, well I found it funny anyway. He was a laugh tho, and just sometimes he would say something kind to someone, he had a heart underneath I think. And no I dont think hes gone at all, the old buggers here somewhere.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:24 am
WBB

Originally posted by janeyray
There may be some people who have posted more times than PB on this site but no one will take his place.
you are obviously talking about me here.......believe me i would NEVER want to take the place of that dribbling fool, he was a failure and needed to take his animosity out on somebody and he used this board for that a lot of the time.

good riddance.

Old Feb 28th 2004, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
Did anyone not make friends with him on the forum? I am sure that we all have our own little mates that we email and Pm - someone must be his mate??? Dont be afraid speak up.

We could always put an ad in the Kinver Times!!
I e-mailed him many times. As we are both City fans, we spoke many times about the footy. He couldn't wait to get back and go down the City.

He was a good guy (Gazza) and gave me lots of useful info on Oz. He was a different person away from the forum.

He did like a wind up though.

Perth seemed to have nothing left for him. However, he will have one hell of a shock when visiting his beloved Leicester. Then he might realise what he left behind!!

Scoops
Old Feb 28th 2004, 11:24 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Scoops
I e-mailed him many times. As we are both City fans, we spoke many times about the footy. He couldn't wait to get back and go down the City.

He was a good guy (Gazza) and gave me lots of useful info on Oz. He was a different person away from the forum.

He did like a wind up though.

Perth seemed to have nothing left for him. However, he will have one hell of a shock when visiting his beloved Leicester. Then he might realise what he left behind!!

Scoops
Can't believe that anyone hated Perth so much that they couldn't wait to get back to Leicester. Hardly the nicest city in England!

Funny that PB used to accuse people of viewing Oz through rose tinted specs when he wore them himself when thinking about home.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 11:44 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by WBB
you are obviously talking about me here

Old Feb 28th 2004, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Can't believe that anyone hated Perth so much that they couldn't wait to get back to Leicester. Hardly the nicest city in England!

Funny that PB used to accuse people of viewing Oz through rose tinted specs when he wore them himself when thinking about home.

He didn't want to live in Leicester, so he moved to the sticks (Kinver).

But he will travel in to watch the City and then he may realise that Perth was not such a sh**hole after all.

Don't know much about Kinver, but Gazza (PB) rated it.

Leicester is no better or worse than most large UK cities but it doesn't compare with Melbourne that's for sure!!

Scoops
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:54 pm
Semper Vigilante

ButtonMoon is an unknown quantity at this point

That explains it...A City fan ...............
Old Mar 1st 2004, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ButtonMoon
That explains it...A City fan ...............

Meaning?
Old Mar 1st 2004, 1:02 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to enjoy a wee 6am (Europe) bit of hokey pokey with old PB, I guess that was about 4pm in Aus?

Don't subscribe to the PB = BP conspiracy theory, though.
Old Mar 1st 2004, 9:00 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
I
Don't subscribe to the PB = BP conspiracy theory, though. :
me either!
How about the Don = Wilf theory though
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pommie Bastard

PB was a witty employed teenager who spent all day (except for his golf Friday's) on the internet - cutting and pasting mostly daft reader letters from the local rag - rarely posted news articles from The West Australian, etc. He was picked on at his last school for his accent and his britishness. It was his father workd at Orbital Engines, and his mother who worked in a hospital. His family (and him) moved back to the UK in 2003. But probably not to Kinver - that was just a red herring.

His fuming and frothing at the mouth was funny though.

MadM

P.S. Am I wrong - has anyone actually met him??

P.P.S I'm sure he reads this forum - come on PB speak up for yourself!
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:26 am
WBB

Originally posted by hevs
me either!
wasn't there a few other names too smokey slippers or something and new zealand start......?

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 9:41 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by hevs
me either!
Probably started by Slipper/ Wilf/ Smoko to have a laff, he was a sometime great sparring partner and anyone awake to see the odd joust or two in early am Central Europe knows you couldn't key in a different user name fast enough to be both posters

About 30 years old, technically well qualified, disappointed by opps in NZ and rate for the job - I don't blame him, you're better off being a sparkie/ chippy/ brickie etc
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

I am sure that he must be reading this thread. Come on PB show yourself