Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Wikiposts

pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Exactly. Even if he lost he could hold his head high because he did not run away & stood up for himself. Sometimes it is the only way.
That's what I did when I was young, got picked on once to often and lost it.
Did not win that many fights at first but did not give in, in the end lads would not pick a fight with me because they knew they had to knock me out first or I'd just keep getting up.

I then went to boxing, just to help me. I ended up being quite good.

Tell him not to bother with the lads, don't tell him "sticks and stones" tell him "left, left right"
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:20 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
That's when my lads bullying stopped. Although he got into trouble for it (which is more than can be said for the bully, who never got any comeback )
My kids always say ' i can't mum, i will get into trouble with the teacher's', well a telling off from crap teachers who never did anything to stop it in the first place is much better than years of cowering and giving the bullied kid an inferiority complex. Stand up for yourself and it is amazing what happens to your confidence.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:23 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie
I am so bloody angry those who have read my threads will know how badly my son {14yrs} has struggled to settle in anyway ,he has made some mates who have been taken him swimming at a local river where all the kids go.

he loves it and we thought great finally we are getting somewhere then another kids who he did not know where also was at the river , one little shit realized he was a pommie and that was it he was teased and picked on and totally pommie bashed ..i picked up a very upset teen wanting to go home and back to his own proper mates in the uk and i can't bloody blame him.

So where do the kids get the pommie bashing from they parents

i am so mad we have just took another ten steps back because of these bullies ..

so sorry YES POMMIE BASHING DOES GO ON
It must be really awful for you seeing your son treated like this. Unfortuately bullying does go on everywhere in most places but that doesn't help you or your family - you want to see your son happy and settled in his new country.

I think you are right when you say that parents are responsible for their kids racial beliefs - they've obviously heard it somewhere haven't they? And in my opinion, stupid adverts on Australian TV which ridicule the British don't help matters either.

I really feel for you and hope that your son is ok.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I really feel for you, our children can bring out the most intense feelings in us and when somebody else comes along and hurts them whether emotionally or physically it's hard to rationalise and channel our own emotions. All you can do is support your son in whatever response he feels is right for him against these bullies. My very best wishes go to you both and I hope he can ride through this.
S xx
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:41 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I am so bloody angry those who have read my threads will know how badly my son {14yrs} has struggled to settle in anyway ,he has made some mates who have been taken him swimming at a local river where all the kids go.

he loves it and we thought great finally we are getting somewhere then another kids who he did not know where also was at the river , one little shit realized he was a pommie and that was it he was teased and picked on and totally pommie bashed ..i picked up a very upset teen wanting to go home and back to his own proper mates in the uk and i can't bloody blame him.

i am so mad we have just took another ten steps back because of these bullies ..

I really feel for you - must be terrible to see your kid so upset. Can't offer any advice I'm afraid but hope that you get it sorted
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:42 pm
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

thanks everyone for your kind words and support , guest what we are gerring him for xmas a ........................boxing bag

ive calmed down now just upset me ...

thanks again and merry xmas too you all
Old Dec 7th 2006, 6:46 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone for your kind words and support , guest what we are gerring him for xmas a ........................boxing bag

Glad you've calmed down now Merry Christmas to you too
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kerrie. My kids get called names at school everyday, like Pomme Slut/b**tard, F off back to UK and so on.
They now just walk away from it all and even laugh about it.
They used to give as good as they got, but now realise that the Aussie kids are the saddo's.
I would rather them walk away than fight all the time, stick and stones may break your bones but calling names don't bother us anymore!! passed caring.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by louise4
My kids always say ' i can't mum, i will get into trouble with the teacher's', well a telling off from crap teachers who never did anything to stop it in the first place is much better than years of cowering and giving the bullied kid an inferiority complex. Stand up for yourself and it is amazing what happens to your confidence.
I remember my eldest who is now 9 saying these very words "I can't, I will get into trouble" He was only 7 when a 9 and 10 year old were bullying him, his Nan would come and visit us here and tell him to "punch them on the nose" good old nans! in the end I called the parents, they had no idea what was going on and the boys called him to apologise, but now he will not put up with any nonsense from anyone and will certainly give as good as he gets and his small for his age. Again the teachers didnt do anything, you're right, if the child can grow a little confident to start shouting back it really makes the difference, the bullies soon go away.

Its so hard for them when they are away from their familiar surroundings, I hope your son enjoys his christmas present and puts a few of these bullies back in a place where they belong.

The Spanish here do have a good moan about us English living here but we humour them, my husband bless him! tells them "to go back to their olive picking, without us coming over they wouldn't be having a booming economy with tourism and bulding". Cant you just wait for him to come to Aus??? No his not normally confrontational, really
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:58 pm
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

think i could do with some............karma

wine is so good

xx
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

think i could do with some............karma

wine is so good

xx
Its only 10am here, so do have one for me
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wayne/kerrie,
I am from Vancouver, Canada and we have the same problems about bullying and taunting on kids by bullies. The parents had enough and
decided to put pressure on schools,police and speak out about bullying.
Now there are classes to help kids deal with bullies ,encouraging them to
report bullying and not to tolerate their unacceptable behaviour.
If nothing is done about this pommie bashing, it is going to be your
kids that are going to be psychogically damaged and it takes years to
get over it.The bullies gain strength if they are not stopped.
I realise you are new immigrant in Oz, however no one should tolerate
this kind of abuse and best place to stop it, is at school age level.
I hope you could find Brits and Aussies alike that are supportive in speaking
out against bullying . Hope things work out for you and your family, Yoong
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:45 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear this ,but i am afraid you have come to the wrong site as 85%here think it is ok to pommie bash ,dont take any notice of the pretentious ''oh i feel sorry for you shite '' they all like like to kowtow and suck up to these racist little shits .
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:52 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassenach
Sorry to hear this ,but i am afraid you have come to the wrong site as 85%here think it is ok to pommie bash ,dont take any notice of the pretentious ''oh i feel sorry for you shite '' they all like like to kowtow and suck up to these racist little shits .

ohhh ohhhhhhhhhh TWA T allert
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:53 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sassenach

Ignore Sassenach he is a "Woe but me" poster hence why he leads the most predictable poster poll.
You will get plenty of sympathy here as has been shown. There is no need for these idiots "pommie bashing"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.