Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Polly's Leaving Pish Up

Polly's Leaving Pish Up

Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Polly's Leaving Pish Up

As most of you know Polly leaving again, to do her shopping at M&S, so we are going on the pish

Friday 6th February.

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers & Magners cider amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place, time of pish up to start?? not sure yet, buy will get back on that one.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Polly's Leaving Pish Up

Originally Posted by PAP01
As most of you know Polly leaving again, to do her shopping at M&S, so we are going on the pish

Friday 6th February.

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers & Magners cider amongst other tipples, which makes it a perfect meeting place, time of pish up to start?? not sure yet, buy will get back on that one.
M&S....and Tescos....and Sainsburys....and Asda....... and WHS.....and Boots...and Evans....and Brantano.......anyone know any good shipping companies

Bearing in mind I have to get up the next morning and be sober enough to be allowed on a plane, I won't be out all night, only till 2ish or so!

5.30 pm start? Just a suggestion, open to offers, as I'm not working that day I'll get there then and anyone else can join me whenever?

(that distant screaming sound is Moneypen btw, having read the list of shops I'm dreaming of
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

Polly prepare youself for some bad news

We just got back 2 weeks ago from UK all the shops you have have mentioned are on a buy cheap, sell crap phase at the mo cause of the credit crunch we where very dissapointed with what was on offer as it was the xmas sales the only good thing was Wotherspoons where selling IPA for 99p a pint hope you still have fun.

Haggis
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---Haggisman---

We just got back 2 weeks ago from UK all the shops you have have mentioned are on a buy cheap, sell crap phase at the mo cause of the credit crunch we where very dissapointed with what was on offer as it was the xmas sales the only good thing was Wotherspoons where selling IPA for 99p a pint hope you still have fun.

Haggis
mate you coming out then ?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of---Haggisman--- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PAP01
mate you coming out then ?
Ok mate I'M A LADY
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
M&S....and Tescos....and Sainsburys....and Asda....... and WHS.....and Boots...and Evans....and Brantano.......anyone know any good shipping companies

Bearing in mind I have to get up the next morning and be sober enough to be allowed on a plane, I won't be out all night, only till 2ish or so!

5.30 pm start? Just a suggestion, open to offers, as I'm not working that day I'll get there then and anyone else can join me whenever?

(that distant screaming sound is Moneypen btw, having read the list of shops I'm dreaming of
Had read the first sentence and my face looked like this . Got to the bit about out drinking until 2ish and I still looked like this . Got to the end and I was like this

I would be totally useless at one of your piss ups. I am such a lightweight
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:56 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---Haggisman---

Haggis
I have a 13 year old niece who is bursting with excitement waiting to shop, I'm sure Evans still sell jeans that fit me, and Boots will still have the same pills and potions as usual Plus the pubs, the gossip, the friends and relatives, and the pure fact its home will keep me happy
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:58 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Had read the first sentence and my face looked like this .
Thought you'd like that one!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Got to the bit about out drinking until 2ish and I still looked like this . Got to the end and I was like this

I would be totally useless at one of your piss ups. I am such a lightweight
We do have a regular lemonade drinker, , so you wouldn't look like too much of a lightweight

I'll be interested to see MY face when I'm trying to get organised for a lunchtime flight after being out drinking half the night
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:48 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

ooooh, when ya here?????

will try and make it down your way if i can ....
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:14 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in and Polly you will be popping into body shop for me
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:30 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Count me in and Polly you will be popping into body shop for me
They have Body SHop here you know ...but if you drop me a pm with the name of whatever it is, I'll see what I can do!
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:31 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
ooooh, when ya here?????

will try and make it down your way if i can ....
Other end of the country, but we might be able to work something out.....I'm in Bristol from the 8th to about the 27th, and then High Wycombe and Brighton after that for two weeks...
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:50 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Have a fantastic time Pol

I'm heading back again next year...... to see the family...honest.......
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Sam
Have a fantastic time Pol

I'm heading back again next year...... to see the family...honest.......
My nieces think its great, now being at the age where they like shopping, they use me as an excuse "oh we HAVE to take Aunty to this new shopping centre, and that new store and......"
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a pish up thread or a shopping thread ?? If it's the pish up one and i were a gambler i'd put money on us being there to cheer Polly off with glee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.