Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pollyanna and pickled pork

Pollyanna and pickled pork

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:14 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Pollyanna and pickled pork

Pollyanna you are a star

I took your tip and went pickled pork hunting and have eventually found it and subsequently ate it, it's beautiful, just like ham in the UK.

Cooked in a slow cooker in water and threw some split peas in to make some good old pease pudding, yummy yummy

We have our circle of English friends in raptures, as I write they are all pickled pork cooking, hehehehehe.

Funny how small things but a huge big grin on your face...

Thanks for that
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pollyanna and pickled pork

Originally Posted by walla1
Funny how small things but a huge big grin on your face...
I wouldn't know anything about that
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its wonderful stuff isn't it! I have got hold of Mercury draught cider - not quite as good as Blackthorn, but never mind, and cook my pork in that, with parsley, just like I used to....... yummy yummy, and leftovers and sandwiches.....

As you say, its funny what a big smile you get from a small thing.

Glad to have been of service - and thanks go to Cresta57 who located the stuff to start with!
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:43 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Wink Re: Pollyanna and pickled pork

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its wonderful stuff isn't it! I have got hold of Mercury draught cider - not quite as good as Blackthorn, but never mind, and cook my pork in that, with parsley, just like I used to....... yummy yummy, and leftovers and sandwiches.....

Glad to have been of service - and thanks go to Cresta57 who located the stuff to start with!

Gawd, who started her off again?! Had to put up with a raving, ranting Polly in this subject last night!

*Puts fingers in ears* La-la-la- *gulp* -la-la-laaaaaaaa ....

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:45 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

good on ya Cresta
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:48 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Bix
I wouldn't know anything about that
tell me something I don't know
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:50 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Gawd, who started her off again?! Had to put up with a raving, ranting Polly in this subject last night!
Hey, come on, anyone would think I'd been drinking!!!!

And the car did get washed this morning, in spite of me keeping my long-suffering husband out half the night
Thanks for a fab evening.......when we have a decent place to live , i'll invite you over for some pickled pork!
Old Feb 13th 2005, 11:07 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Talking Re: Pollyanna and pickled pork

Hey, come on, anyone would think I'd been drinking!!!!

Ah, of course, I forgot ... you were on that poppy Pink stuff, weren't you? Not the REAL red!!

Damn chipmunks ...

And the car did get washed this morning, in spite of me keeping my long-suffering husband out half the night.
Thanks for a fab evening.......when we have a decent place to live , i'll invite you over for some pickled pork!

Lucky you didn't end up having to wash it yerself! hehe

Note to The Bloke - It's always a pain being nominated driber (sic), eh?!

'Twas a good night, thank you both for your great company!

Old Feb 13th 2005, 12:41 pm
Home and Happy

I did do two whole bottles of the Pink stuff though, finished the second by the time I went to bed.....plus several beers earlier in the day!
The Bloke has a theory about the driving too - his choices are - he drives, or he pays for the cab, or he pays for me to learn, and then trusts that i can see where I'm going.........at the moment if I can see the road its a good day Hence I think he's happy driving!