Pollyana

Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Pollyana

Did I miss something or has Pollyana gone on her honeymoon as I have not seen her online for a while.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

jodie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pollyana

good point, i think she mentioned something about putting the honeymoon off until March whilst she got stage two of the visa sorted.

Originally posted by debsy
Did I miss something or has Pollyana gone on her honeymoon as I have not seen her online for a while.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh yes I think she was going to Melbourne.

Hevs will know.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 3:29 pm
WBB

she is going to be in melbourne as a marshall for the grand prix this weekend, keep a look out for her on the telly.

Old Mar 5th 2004, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep she is defo on honeymoon taking in the delights of Melbourne.

footie
Old Mar 8th 2004, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I was in Melbourne, with the Bloke, being romantic part of the time, and marshalling at the Grand Prix for the rest! Nothing exciting happened at my point so I don't think I got on TV. The Bloke did plenty of flag waving though, so he might be there somewhere.
Worst bit is, because of the storm in Brissie our video went berserk, so I now have to wait for a video to arrive from the UK to view the tape!

Thanks for missing me, guys!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Pollyana
Yep, I was in Melbourne, with the Bloke, being romantic part of the time, and marshalling at the Grand Prix for the rest! Nothing exciting happened at my point so I don't think I got on TV. The Bloke did plenty of flag waving though, so he might be there somewhere.
Worst bit is, because of the storm in Brissie our video went berserk, so I now have to wait for a video to arrive from the UK to view the tape!

Hiya Polly
Nice to see you back. Glad That you still had time to be romantic!!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:09 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I looked for ya on the telly Pollyana!! Saw the back of some blokes head who was wavin flags....maybe that was your 'bloke'??

Do you get any perks being a marshall?? Like meeting some of those gorgeous drivers?????
Old Mar 8th 2004, 12:49 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You usually only meet the other marshals, unless a car comes off at your corner. I used to work at meetings in the UK at Goodwood, where the drivers mix more with us, and I met a few - Johnny Herbert, who used to drive for Jaguar, was the best I reckon - really cute and friendly. I also met Murray Walker, best motor-racing commentator ever. Something that remains special to me was working at Goodwood in 2002 when Barry Sheene rode in his last ever race, and I was one of the marshall who lined him up in position on the starting grid.

The other perk in a big event like this is the post-race officials party......... Hevs and Badge came as our guests, and it was a very good night (well, the bits I remember were good......seemed to involve a lot of free booze, some wild dancing, and a mad dash for their last train home!!!)
Old Mar 8th 2004, 1:07 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

You usually only meet the other marshals, unless a car comes off at your corner. I used to work at meetings in the UK at Goodwood, where the drivers mix more with us, and I met a few - Johnny Herbert, who used to drive for Jaguar, was the best I reckon - really cute and friendly. I also met Murray Walker, best motor-racing commentator ever. Something that remains special to me was working at Goodwood in 2002 when Barry Sheene rode in his last ever race, and I was one of the marshall who lined him up in position on the starting grid.

The other perk in a big event like this is the post-race officials party......... Hevs and Badge came as our guests, and it was a very good night (well, the bits I remember were good......seemed to involve a lot of free booze, some wild dancing, and a mad dash for their last train home!!!)

We were at Goodwood in 2002 for The Festival of Speed....twas a good day! My middle lad was so chuffed when he got the chance to sit in one of the cars there....don't ask me what sort...bit blonde here

I would deff agree with you about Murray Walker....F1 hasn't been the same since
Old Mar 8th 2004, 7:53 pm
Home and Happy

I probably saw you there! I was in the paddock with all the older cars, trying to get them moved into line to go up the hill. So if you remember some mad woman screaming "MOVE, before that car drives into you!!" it was probably me! Worst thing about the Festival is that the public don't seem to realise that the cars have to move through the crowd, and they just stand there, staring, as some enormous, heavy, old vehicle - probably with old and inefficient brakes - comes towards them!!!
However, its a wonderful weekend - sorry I shan't be there for it in future
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:16 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

and I met a few - Johnny Herbert, who used to drive for Jaguar, was the best I reckon - really cute and friendly.

MY god!!!! Johnny Herbert!!!!!
Now THERES a h###y man if ever I saw one!!!!!
I used to have wet dreams about me and him....on the bonnet of his jaguar........oooerrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew...warm in here isnt it??????

sue
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:32 pm
Home and Happy

I remember sitting next to Johnny on the pit wall at Goodwood; I'm not really one for chasing the stars, but I desparately wanted to meet him, and he was soooo cute. Signed my programme,and gave me a lovely cheeky grin as he went off to race......you're right Sue, it IS hot in here!!
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:34 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I remember sitting next to Johnny on the pit wall at Goodwood; I'm not really one for chasing the stars, but I desparately wanted to meet him, and he was soooo cute. Signed my programme,and gave me a lovely cheeky grin as he went off to race......you're right Sue, it IS hot in here!!

hehehe....great minds think alike eh?

does he still race?? I remember him being in the le mans 24 hour race last year/year before?
shame.......great eye candy for us layyydddeeees!!!

sue
Old Mar 8th 2004, 8:39 pm
Home and Happy

Still races in the US I think, and may well be at Goodwood this year (though I won't be, rats!!). Think he's still the best looking guy in racing......now I must go to work before I get too carried away!!