Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pollsters positivity...

Wikiposts

Pollsters positivity...

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:57 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Everythings crossed for you, my point about tomorrow night is if they lose he wont have to miss the final!! didnt go down too well at all
Keep us posted on the visa, should we start a daily wbb style 'any post Pollster' thread?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollster
I was trying to get the lights to come on agian last night ( have now succeeded yay! but you cannot touch the light switch in the kitchen or the whole lot goes off again!) and was muttering about where was Bundy with her tool box when you needed her!

whens your medical booked for?
You've trapped a strand of wire across both ends of the light fitting when you were fiddling with the screws up high. Go borrow better stepladders and save yourself an electrician's fee : )
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:58 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcmercer
Everythings crossed for you, my point about tomorrow night is if they lose he wont have to miss the final!! didnt go down too well at all
Keep us posted on the visa, should we start a daily wbb style 'any post Pollster' thread?
My nerves will never cope with two of them!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:59 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Any phone call - apparently.

I am assured that my case officer will come by the end of the week - but that is what they said last week

Don't worry - there will be fireworks going off in Harrow when we get it and BE will be the first to be informed!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:00 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CHnJ
You've trapped a strand of wire across both ends of the light fitting when you were fiddling with the screws up high. Go borrow better stepladders and save yourself an electrician's fee : )

Got any other advice, CHnJ???!!!

A washing machine that won't drain (but makes some improbable noises instead).

A car that stalls a lot for the first five minutes of every journey

Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:01 am
Kiwified member

Originally posted by CHnJ

Thanks for the advice but it is because we have an old loop system - one of the black wires of the three has to go in with the live wires but because I haven't got a ohm meter thingy I don't know which one and all the explosions I have caused trying to find out are beginning to unnerve me!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:03 am
Kiwified member

Originally posted by bundy

A sock in the filter ( it is the problem with ours everytime)?

Water condensation on the points? ( happens with my knackered old banger as well) - spray WD40 liberally on all moving parts and it helps ( I take the cover off and put a squirt on the tappits as well)
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:03 am
She's a bird, you know

Thanks for the advice but it is because we have an old loop system - one of the black wires of the three has to go in with the live wires but because I haven't got a ohm meter thingy I don't know which one and all the explosions I have caused trying to find out are beginning to unnerve me!
You may need help Pollster (of the electrician type, of course). My dad built our family home single-handedly but the one thing he refused to touch was the wiring
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:05 am
She's a bird, you know

A sock in the filter ( it is the problem with ours everytime)?

Water condensation on the points? ( happens with my knackered old banger as well) - spray WD40 liberally on all moving parts and it helps ( I take the cover off and put a squirt on the tappits as well)
Already moved a lot of sock and assorted gunk....worked for a bit but then ground to a halt again last night.

Will try the WD40 - hadn't got that far. It did this last year too and that was dirty jets.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

The washing machine .. go forward a couple of pages for a troubleshooting chart

http://www.tpub.com/content/construc.../14026_210.htm
The Car.
Unfortunately I'm one of these guys who when they say "I'll take a look under the bonnet" I mean it!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:06 am
Kiwified member

You may need help Pollster (of the electrician type, of course). My dad built our family home single-handedly but the one thing he refused to touch was the wiring
I have had two electric shocks today and that has been enough for me to wait for my Godot like electrician!!

:scared: me after the second electric shock!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi pollster

you poor thing! You sound like me a few years back - every electical appliance in the house either just stopped or blew up over about 3 months, the only two rooms we had gotten around to decorating in our new house (bedroom with hot tank in & living room) were completely ruined then the hot tank burst! we had to cancel the wedding & honeymoon as the insurance only covered part of the costs of repairing everything. My boss used to say whats gone wrong today? whenever I went into work as nearly everyday some thing else had happened.

One trick I have for times like these is to find a quiet room, lie down, close your eyes, picture yourself on a beautiful sun drenched beach, hear the waves gently lapping against the shore. imagine being brought an ice cold drink with the condensation running down the side of the glass... I'm usually calm again by now!

chin up.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 3:52 am
Kiwified member

Originally posted by nell m
Hi pollster

you poor thing! You sound like me a few years back - every electical appliance in the house either just stopped or blew up over about 3 months, the only two rooms we had gotten around to decorating in our new house (bedroom with hot tank in & living room) were completely ruined then the hot tank burst! we had to cancel the wedding & honeymoon as the insurance only covered part of the costs of repairing everything. My boss used to say whats gone wrong today? whenever I went into work as nearly everyday some thing else had happened.

One trick I have for times like these is to find a quiet room, lie down, close your eyes, picture yourself on a beautiful sun drenched beach, hear the waves gently lapping against the shore. imagine being brought an ice cold drink with the condensation running down the side of the glass... I'm usually calm again by now!

chin up.
Thanks Nell - muchly appreciated - you poor thing with the hot water tank and your wedding - you must have been gutted. At least our trials and tribulations are more of the annoying type rather than the disasterous ones!

I usually take the dog for a nice long stomp away from all humanity at army marching pace and that gets rid of stress and frustrations - unfortunately the dog's paw is not up to a yomp so we have to trail slowly round the dog poo infested park instead - neither Bracken or I enjoy that much!

Have given up on electrician no 1 and now a nice young man called Matt is coming round tomorrow morning to sort everything out.

I also now know that 30 amp fuse wire should NOT be used in a lighting circuit!!

A new thing everyday and all that - just going to change the wire so wait for the bang when I switch the electricty back on again!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 4:05 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default cheesed off

The blues derby hasn't been mentioned yet but I expect there will be dark mutterings.

God we are going just two days before you - if the bloody visas come through and we can actually get a flight - we might end up going on the same day!
hi poll got a ticket 4 arsenal man city sunday MIL can`t babysit (surprise) and wenger jr`s got chicken pox but hey at least there`ll be frost on my car at 5 o`clock in the mornin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.