Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

POLL - Who lives where in Melbourne

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Where do you live in Melbourne ?
Inner (boundary Footscray,Coburg,Hawthorn,St Kilda)
5.26%
South West
5.26%
West
18.42%
North
2.63%
East
26.32%
South East
42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

POLL - Who lives where in Melbourne

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POLL - Who lives where in Melbourne

Originally Posted by fraser
We've bought a block practically opposite SL and can practically see the tennis courts, but can't use them we're allowed to join the gym but not allowed use of the courts.
If you ever want a game of tennis just let me know. I haven't played for ages but I am happy to have a run about.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:02 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Mentone at the moment but probably move to Albert Park area when we buy as we want to be nearer the city.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:10 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Mentone at the moment but probably move to Albert Park area when we buy as we want to be nearer the city.

Cool, did you win tatts lotto ?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:11 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Cool, did you win tatts lotto ?

No need I am already rich
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:55 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenandPam
If you ever want a game of tennis just let me know. I haven't played for ages but I am happy to have a run about.
You've been PM'd
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

We've bought a block practically opposite SL and can practically see the tennis courts, but can't use them we're allowed to join the gym but not allowed use of the courts.
It sounds as if you have bought land which is not in SL's and the developer has a concession with SL's for land owners to use the gym but not the tennis courts? If you were a landowner in SL's you would get the use of both.

I know that 'outsiders' can join the gym and/or the tennis after paying an appropriate joining fee and annual subscription. The SL's tennis club is fiendlishly expensive compared to a normal club - I got a leaflet out of interest. Court hire on a casual basis is quite expensive too. The waterfront cafe and the restaurant in the golf clubhouse are both excellent and the latter will take people off the street, despite the signs.

Just to go completely off thread. Anyone who plays tennis should seriously consider having a game at Melbourne Park. The courts are available for hire 50 weeks of the year on all except the Rod Laver Arena. If you ring up for a booking ask for one of the show courts (which aren't any extra), court hire is very reasonable and less than SL's. We've hired Margaret Court arena and the 2nd and 3rd show courts in the past. There is a great restaurant and shop too and you'll always see stars or future stars at work.

OzTennis
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:26 pm
Auspom

Auspom has a brilliant futureAuspom has a brilliant futureAuspom has a brilliant futureAuspom has a brilliant futureAuspom has a brilliant futureAuspom has a brilliant future

Hello, yeah Point Cook is ok, although I prefered it over the other side more atmosphere and character.

But we thought our money would be better invested here.

It's good for schools here which is handy as we have two small children.

It takes about 15 minutes to get into the city.

There's a couple of gyms nearby, one in Sinnot st, which is the Princes Highway and another in Centro shopping centre which is in Altona Meadows.
Thanks for that, it seems a good area to settle and have little Auspoms later on! I like the house on the net good luck
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
It sounds as if you have bought land which is not in SL's and the developer has a concession with SL's for land owners to use the gym but not the tennis courts? If you were a landowner in SL's you would get the use of both.

I know that 'outsiders' can join the gym and/or the tennis after paying an appropriate joining fee and annual subscription. The SL's tennis club is fiendlishly expensive compared to a normal club - I got a leaflet out of interest. Court hire on a casual basis is quite expensive too. The waterfront cafe and the restaurant in the golf clubhouse are both excellent and the latter will take people off the street, despite the signs.

Just to go completely off thread. Anyone who plays tennis should seriously consider having a game at Melbourne Park. The courts are available for hire 50 weeks of the year on all except the Rod Laver Arena. If you ring up for a booking ask for one of the show courts (which aren't any extra), court hire is very reasonable and less than SL's. We've hired Margaret Court arena and the 2nd and 3rd show courts in the past. There is a great restaurant and shop too and you'll always see stars or future stars at work.

OzTennis
You misunderstood me, I have no rights to the gym. I enquired about joining the tennis club and they said or residents only, but I could join the gym.

I've played twice at Melbourne Park all be it on the inside courts.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

You misunderstood me, I have no rights to the gym. I enquired about joining the tennis club and they said or residents only, but I could join the gym.
We have a free gym at te apartments in Elsternwick

If i can perv at you, I'll let you come
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
We have a free gym at te apartments in Elsternwick

If i can perv at you, I'll let you come
Does it have a tennis court
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

Does it have a tennis court
Very near......now can I perv at you??
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Very near......now can I perv at you??
Yes there are courts at Glenhuntly Rd, you can if you wish I'm cheap and a slut I don't care
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I've played twice at Melbourne Park all be it on the inside courts.
Sorry, my mistake. I once enquired at the desk at the pool/gym and they said non-residents could join the tennis and gym and they gave me a leaflet. They could well have change it and closed membership to blow ins.

We haven't played on the indoor courts but will do so some time. Last time we looked in there we saw Stoltenberg, Fromberg, Reid and Woodbridge hitting if the names mean anything?

OzTennis
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Sorry, my mistake. I once enquired at the desk at the pool/gym and they said non-residents could join the tennis and gym and they gave me a leaflet. They could well have change it and closed membership to blow ins.

We haven't played on the indoor courts but will do so some time. Last time we looked in there we saw Stoltenberg, Fromberg, Reid and Woodbridge hitting if the names mean anything?

OzTennis
Yeah they do.

Would love to play there again, Did it while on holiday two years ago.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:26 pm
Account Closed

Yes there are courts at Glenhuntly Rd, you can if you wish I'm cheap and a slut I don't care

I know

I'll buy you a

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.