Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

View Poll Results: How much do you earn in OZ?
10K$aus - 30k$aus
7.69%
30k$aus - 40k$aus
2.56%
40k$aus - 50k$aus
10.26%
50k$aus - 60k$aus
10.26%
60k$aus - 70k$aus
7.69%
70k$aus -80k$aus
23.08%
100k$aus +
38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

Old Oct 6th 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

Just for fun ,

How much do you earn in OZ?
single income. not joint.

Last edited by itsasecret; Oct 7th 2003 at 2:23 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 2:20 pm
Badge

Default Re: Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

good poll.

bm

Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

Originally posted by badgersmount
good poll.

bm
Yes, good idea, but what if you earn 30, 40, 50, 60 or 70? Do you pick the lower or higher option? I'm on the either way mark, so I chose higher.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 4:10 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Well there is actually nothing between 80K and 100K

.....and of course it does not take into account regional differences. Also does this include the whole possible package of self employed verses consulting vs perm employment including pension/super and medical benefits, holidays/sickness and hours worked? .....opps sorry my sad payroll background showing!

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:04 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm 6 out of 19 earn more than $100K. Is that because people are just chosing that one so that they can see the results, they are actually in the $80-100K bracket but there isnt a section for them so they upped the income or do they actually earn that much?

BTW Dagboy, I voted for you so I could see the results LOL.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:10 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra
Well there is actually nothing between 80K and 100K

.....and of course it does not take into account regional differences. Also does this include the whole possible package of self employed verses consulting vs perm employment including pension/super and medical benefits, holidays/sickness and hours worked? .....opps sorry my sad payroll background showing!

Cheers
True Sandra, is it just salary or complete package for those that get extra super, car, private health insurance etc as well.

Also just thought, are we talking combined household income if 2 partners work or just your own wage?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:11 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Hmm 6 out of 19 earn more than $100K. Is that because people are just chosing that one so that they can see the results, they are actually in the $80-100K bracket but there isnt a section for them so they upped the income or do they actually earn that much?

BTW Dagboy, I voted for you so I could see the results LOL.
Could it also be some double incomes are being recorded - as single posters are only allowed one vote and they are recording both incomes together where it may be applicable?

Could the administrator create a more detailed poll?

Are you suprised at the number over 100K? I would be interested in the breakdown across the country. One of the reasons I have problems in this area is when I used the Go Matilda site, I got the generic your income in UK vs AUS, and there are major differences in cost of living city to city here and also possible incomes.

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:17 am
Rocket Scientist

Could it also be some double incomes are being recorded - as single posters are only allowed one vote and they are recording both incomes together where it may be applicable?

Could the administrator create a more detailed poll?

Are you suprised at the number over 100K? I would be interested in the breakdown across the country. One of the reasons I have problems in this area is when I used the Go Matilda site, I got the generic your income in UK vs AUS, and there are major differences in cost of living city to city here and also possible incomes.

Cheers
haha snap! . In the case of Dagboy & I it doesnt matter anyway, single income family, but yes, I think some people maybe combining income.

Yes Im surprised at the amount over $100K considering how many people on here have said its very difficult to get work & when you do you get paid a pittance. And yes, a breakdown of where you are would be more helpful because $100K in Brisbane will go a hell of a lot further than $100K in Sydney.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why is there no $0

Also it would be more constructive to know what proffession you are in and how the salary compared to your UK salary.

Last edited by karawara88; Oct 7th 2003 at 6:42 am.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:42 am
Gone Senile Member

Originally posted by karawara88
Why is there no $0
Agree, and you have no kids - so you nought either in terms of benefit?

What about rent allowance you allowed any of that?

This seems a bit mean we are all slagging off the poll, I do not mean to directly I would just like to make it relevant for those who will be interested from the UK.

I must admit I am pretty amazed at the number over 70K! Or is that indicative of the fact that it is daytime here and a large number of IT bods are on? Just thinking aloud!

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I think this poll represents the type of Daytime poster on here.

The sort of poster who is supposed to be a saddo looser type! In actual fact many have own business, or management type positions, some canny folk who are going to the USA, accountants etc, the people high up in IT perhaps. Thats my theory anyway, look at the daytime crew, most are very funny people who seem to be easily bored and in jobs that obviously dont have a boss looking over their shoulder. I know for a fact quite a few on here who were unhappy were very successful types, just too easily bored for OZ's laidback theme.

But I agree a few may also have combined incomes.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:44 am
Gone Senile Member

Originally posted by karawara88
Why is there no $0

Also it would be more constructive to know what proffession you are in and how the salary compared to your UK salary.

Defintely agree - so basically we need a socio demographic breakdown - I think it is called a census!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I must admit I am pretty amazed at the number over 70K! Or is that indicative of the fact that it is daytime here and a large number of IT bods are on? Just thinking aloud!

Cheers
Gawd Sandra we must have been thinking and writing the same thing at the same time Spooky eh!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:57 am
Gone Senile Member

Originally posted by dotty
Gawd Sandra we must have been thinking and writing the same thing at the same time Spooky eh!
Watch this space - this post will be held up as a plus for all the high earnings you can get in Aus! And when I add Hubby is lucky to earn $35K in Sydney and even with my income we find it difficult (Large House and Bloody Large Mortgage). I will be one of your followers (I must be, we think alike, but then Mrs Dagboy has the same points as me - can I come up for your joint tupperware party?)

I noted 'onlyme' was looking to buy in Canberra cause of incomes here in Sydney not matching housing - also Bondipom made a comment of moving North for housing?

PS - you do know me - I am that bored IT person, with only occasional over my shoulder from boss (usually when he wants something!) And I am bored cause I have been repeating two years work again I have already done before in the UK.

Oh flip - all that is coming out as a whinge, of course, there are good bits

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by dotty
look at the daytime crew, most are very funny people who seem to be easily bored and in jobs that obviously dont have a boss looking over their shoulder.
Hey thanx dotty, didnt realise you liked me so much. So whens that tupperware party?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.