Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poll: Have you been to Australia?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Have you been to Australia?
Applied for a Visa but have only seen Home 'n Away.
15.38%
Applied for a Visa but have been down under before.
51.65%
Applied for a Visa and have been many times mate!
25.27%
Applied for a Visa cos Ramsey Street looks great.
7.69%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Have you been to Australia?

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Poll: Have you been to Australia?

Hi all

Been twice to Perth 2000 and 2003. Ran the Perth Marathon in 00 and have to say its one of the worst I've done. Mrs has been 9 times since 1981, and our 5 year old daughter has been 3 times.

Safeish to say we've seen a bit of the place.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Poll: Have you been to Australia?

Always wanted to go and live there, but thought it was sensible to have look first, got my TRA through so then went in May this year, got back and put my application in the next day

Got our Visas now and cant wait to get out there.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Nah looked nice so though what the hell.....after getting visa went for 3 weeks on a mad rampage round Oz, seems it was worth it!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

will be going on RSMS visa, got a job in townsville.
never been, dont watch home and away and neighbours, but bore people with our books we buy and the documentaries we constantly watch and video.
got friends out there in totally different areas but giving us lots of useful info and pics.
Trish
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

steve the man is on a distinguished road

First went to Oz 7 yrs ago and came back to the UK with the best souvenir ever a lovely ozzy girlfriend who i met while on holiday in europe have been married to same girlfriend now for just over 6 yrs and been to Oz 4 times since now waiting for outcome of spouse visa application coz we wanna go back this time for good coz me love Oz and england has gone down the dunny P.s wombat we aint all whingers only those who don't know jacks*^t and think the soaps are based on reality!!

Last edited by steve the man; Nov 22nd 2004 at 8:55 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beegee
Just wondering how many people have applied for thier Visa but have never been?
Hi Beegee

Well this subject is a bugbear of mine because from the very start of our interest in living in Australia it seems to me to be an imposable thing to make your mind up on unless you take the time and effort to go and see what you will be committing your life and families lives to, and to see what Australia is all about, life style, weather, people, work, and if you can match all your dreams with what is on offer in Australia. Personally I could not have made up my mind until me and my family had been to see the place, but every one is different.
On our first trip over we first visited the relies in Melbourne and our first impressions were what I can only describe as a big disappointment , we landed to the first rain they had seen for over 2 years, and boy did it rain ( 6 full day ) but by the time we left Melbourne 10 days later we had all fell in love with the place. Then we went to relies on the gold coast and Wow that a place ( it rely is gods country when you have spent all your life in an industrial town like Stoke-on-Trent) it put the icing on the cake for us, and our minds were made up, WE ARE GOING TO LIVE IN AUSTRALIA. We have since been back for a second trip and it was even better the second time.

I don’t think that my situation is any different than any body else’s and every one has their own reasons for going to Aus but if you can decide to go and live there without going to see the place first then go and do it, but try at some point before you go to try and see things from both sides of the Rose tinted glasses because there will be a lot of people out there (friends ,relies and strangers) who will say I told you so if thing don’t pan out for you, and your dreams will never be the same again.

Well that’s enough from the profit Signman.

Thanks for Reading this post.

Signman Glen

Don’t worry I am not intending to preach to any one, I just think that the most important decision of your life deserves a view from every angle before you make your BIG commitment.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:53 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Spent several months in Aus in '94-'95 on a WHV, had very mixed feelings about the place and couldn't wait to leave.....

Spent several years with absolutely no interest in ever going back, then suddenly completely changed my mind and want to go for good.

As I've said in previous threads.....my reasons for going are 'Complex'!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

An ex saw him at Glastonbury a few years ago and said he was the best act there
ROLF ROCKS!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Had never been but my sister and her husband decided they were going and I hated the idea of missing out (and it also looked so good on TV ). There was a big race to see who would get their visas first and we would have won if Royal Mail hadn't lost our meds/police checks
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hiya, we ve applied for visasn never been,just had enough of this country and wanted a change,what the hell,glad to see we re not the only ones to take the plunge without having been there first.

tracey.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:02 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
None of the above.
me too
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:18 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Signman Glen
Hi Beegee

Well this subject is a bugbear of mine because from the very start of our interest in living in Australia it seems to me to be an imposable thing to make your mind up on unless you take the time and effort to go and see what you will be committing your life and families lives to, and to see what Australia is all about, life style, weather, people, work, and if you can match all your dreams with what is on offer in Australia. Personally I could not have made up my mind until me and my family had been to see the place, but every one is different.
On our first trip over we first visited the relies in Melbourne and our first impressions were what I can only describe as a big disappointment , we landed to the first rain they had seen for over 2 years, and boy did it rain ( 6 full day ) but by the time we left Melbourne 10 days later we had all fell in love with the place. Then we went to relies on the gold coast and Wow that a place ( it rely is gods country when you have spent all your life in an industrial town like Stoke-on-Trent) it put the icing on the cake for us, and our minds were made up, WE ARE GOING TO LIVE IN AUSTRALIA. We have since been back for a second trip and it was even better the second time.

I don’t think that my situation is any different than any body else’s and every one has their own reasons for going to Aus but if you can decide to go and live there without going to see the place first then go and do it, but try at some point before you go to try and see things from both sides of the Rose tinted glasses because there will be a lot of people out there (friends ,relies and strangers) who will say I told you so if thing don’t pan out for you, and your dreams will never be the same again.

Well that’s enough from the profit Signman.

Thanks for Reading this post.

Signman Glen

Don’t worry I am not intending to preach to any one, I just think that the most important decision of your life deserves a view from every angle before you make your BIG commitment.
Hi

I was wondering as I have noticed quite a few people on the site that haven't been ( I don't won't to turn this in to some kinda "What you never been and you applied ....). I was just wondering what it is that is driving these people to go out there and how many people are willing to go what the hell lets do it. I myself have been before on a WHV and bummed my way around the place and have since been on a Holiday there.....and Oh yer my Big sis lives out there! I was always at the start of finding this site thinking what how can you apply if you have never been but I have come around to the thinking of....I find it very brave of these people and good on them to do it; it will be a great adventure.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Signman Glen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I was always at the start of finding this site thinking what how can you apply if you have never been but I have come around to the thinking of....I find it very brave of these people and good on them to do it; it will be a great adventure.
Hi Beegee

I can only agree with you, I wouldn’t when I first started the process. It must adds the excitement, and in some ways it could be one of the factors that keeps some people in the “lets make this work� frame of mind once they come to the crappie bits that we will all come across at some point.

Signman Glen

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose if it's just you or you are a couple, it's not the end of the world if you come out without having been before and it all goes tits up because it's not like Home and Away.

But I think if you have kids, especially older kids, and haven't been out before you shouldn't even be allowed to come and live in Oz. It should be cause to fail the medical on grounds of insanity.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:24 am
wombat42

[QUOTE=renth]I suppose if it's just you or you are a couple, it's not the end of the world if you come out without having been before and it all goes tits up because it's not like Home and Away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is like Home and Away,If you need somewhere to stay in OZ Alf Stewart will
always have a spare place at the Caravan Park at Summer Bay.
You can spend all day at the beach surfing without having to work for a living, however if you do need a job there always happens to be a spare position at the diner or surf club. Those that work part time as waiters at the diner or surf club all seem to have enough money to buy their own large beach house, boat and car. The sun shines every day and there's no crime no one ever swears or uses drugs, well except for the people who believe this.

Last edited by wombat42; Nov 23rd 2004 at 11:44 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.