Support (General)
12.70%
Helldesk
0%
Hardware support
3.17%
Legacy (Cobol /Fortran etc)
3.17%
I'm an IT business analyst, i don't have time for this.
6.35%
I'm a manager, what does C++ mean?
12.70%
Other
31.75%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

IT Poll

Old May 28th 2004, 8:36 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IT Salary Surveys

Originally posted by JackTheLad
Anyway, Siebel is childs play, real geeks use C++
Well that ought to be the point really, something that's easier to use ought to make you more productive and hence worth more. Employers don't always seem to see it in those terms though.

Of course it depends on how much use Siebel is (I mean how widely applicable, not intrinsically). C++ might be a complete minefield for the clue-deprived (and still with pitfalls for us more experienced types) but at least it's flexible enough to be able to write almost anything in. (Yeah ok probably not decent real-time stuff like aircraft control systems though.)

Right that's got rid of all the non-geeks. Quiet 'ere innit?
Old May 28th 2004, 8:58 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Well that ought to be the point really, something that's easier to use ought to make you more productive and hence worth more. Employers don't always seem to see it in those terms though.

Of course it depends on how much use Siebel is (I mean how widely applicable, not intrinsically). C++ might be a complete minefield for the clue-deprived (and still with pitfalls for us more experienced types) but at least it's flexible enough to be able to write almost anything in. (Yeah ok probably not decent real-time stuff like aircraft control systems though.)

Right that's got rid of all the non-geeks. Quiet 'ere innit?
extern int main (int argc, char** argv)
{
er....

Anya (must go shave my beard now).
Old May 28th 2004, 9:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.payscale.com/
This one reckons I'm worth a shade under $60,000 in Brisbane, which I'm not unhappy with. I think I'd still prefer to join JTL for the afternoon drinking / gambling instead though
Old May 29th 2004, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
This one reckons I'm worth a shade under $60,000 in Brisbane, which I'm not unhappy with. I think I'd still prefer to join JTL for the afternoon drinking / gambling instead though

Deal Do you know a Irish bar that serves that serves good guinness in Brisbane?
Old May 29th 2004, 8:12 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly no. But I'm prepared to try my best to find one ...
Old May 29th 2004, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Sadly no. But I'm prepared to try my best to find one ...
Yip, Its a tough job, but someones gotta do it !

From my extensive research in Melbourne, two good Irish bars are Pugg Mahones in the CBD on Hardware Lane, between Little Bourke Street and Lonsdale Street, decent guinness, and good selection of other international beers. The other is Bridie O'Reilly's on Chapel street... yeah I know its a themed irish pub, but its got good guinness, and real irish waitress's, and good pub food.

JTL
Old May 29th 2004, 12:11 pm
ABCDiamond

These may be a start for you

Carlton Hotel Brisbane
... Guinness on tap, Irish Jig dancers http://www.carltonhotels.com.au/bris...dex.cfm?id=102

Brisbane Hotel Nightclub
... Hotel Brisbane and you enter Fihelly’s Arms. Be welcomed into the authentic and warm atmosphere of the Fihelly’s Arms hotel for a pint of Guinness
http://www.rendezvoushotels.com/html..._nightclub.htm

Irish Restaurant and Bar Company Pty Ltd trading as Dicey Reilly's Bar and Restaurant 22 Shore Street Cleveland, QLD 4163 (07) 3821 3944

Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Irish Restaurant and Bar Company Pty Ltd trading as Dicey Reilly's Bar and Restaurant 22 Shore Street Cleveland, QLD 4163 (07) 3821 3944

Oh poor old Dicey Reilly, she has taken to the sup

And poor old Dicey Reilly, she will never give it up

It's off each morning to the pop that she goes in for another little drop

But the heart of the rowl is Dicey Reilly

She will walk along Fitzgibbon Street with an independent air

And then its down by Summerhill, and as the people stare

She'll say, "It's nearly half passed one

Time I went in for another little one

But the heart of the rowl is Dicey Reilly

Now at two, pubs close and out she goes as happy as a lark

She'll find a bench to sleep it off at St. Patrick's Park

She'll wake at five feeling in the pink