Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Political Coup in Australia...

Political Coup in Australia...

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Political Coup in Australia...

Looks like Gillard is being lined up to replace Rudd, or something. So I'm hearing from Sky News in the other room.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:07 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Political Coup in Australia...

The only thing that's stopping it at the moment is Gillard not stepping up to the plate. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to take over from Rudd the way the government is at the moment. Those dead man's shoes look a bit stinky at the moment.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
The only thing that's stopping it at the moment is Gillard not stepping up to the plate. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd want to take over from Rudd the way the government is at the moment. Those dead man's shoes look a bit stinky at the moment.
Would that be at the moment or some other time?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:29 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

She is responsible for the Schools building program. Demountables built for 800,000 dollars a piece. Sadly she is a poor administrator and a big part of Labour's current mess.

If labour replace Rudd they have lost the plot and will lose the next election. Just look at NSW labour.

Originally Posted by freebo
Looks like Gillard is being lined up to replace Rudd, or something. So I'm hearing from Sky News in the other room.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:59 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
If labour replace Rudd they have lost the plot and will lose the next election. Just look at NSW labour.
We can only hope
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

We can only hope
Absolutely! Here's hoping that KRudd is finished.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/poli...-1225883409313
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:24 pm

But then we will have that loon Abbott and company. I would say they might be competent administrators but Julie Bishop and Barnaby Joyce have proved otherwise. Unfortunately Abbott is also more than willing to let his religious views affect his policy.

What is the least worst?
We can only hope
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:30 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
What is the least worst?
...anything but Abbott, even a ranga former(?) commie!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
...anything but Abbott, even a ranga former(?) commie!
They are complete amateurs on both sides.

Oz gets out of jail with resources.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:06 pm

Its going to an election tomorrow morning called by the Victorian right faction. One thing Rudd got right was to dump the factional system of deciding ministers. Maybe back to the wilderness for Labour.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:11 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
Perhaps Costello will be persuaded to come out of retirement and take on the leadership or even Howard.

I dont feel happy about having a load of union powerbrokers and some numb-nut labour internal politickers chosing who runs the country, its not right to do that. They were not elected - he was. I hope he goes absolutely mental crazy at them all tonight and gives them a dose of power and authority and gillard gets hoisted and burned then he can rule with an iron fist for the next few months.

This is entirely because of the mining, its got bugger all to do with anything else, they took on the most powerful wealthiest groups and he's getting the equivelant of the ice pick in the car park. Most telling was that the "AWU" walked away from Rudd which led to this downfall tonight in a matter of hours... Who the hell are the unions to decide. 4 mths ago he has #1 rating of any PM (or some months back) and now he's out of a job? what?

I dont like Rudd, I dont like him spending 43b$ on a network, I dont like him spending 40b$ on the plasma screen handout, or the waste of money on schools, I dont like the robin hood taxation, and I dont like the buggered up insulation or other fiascos (the insulation one was entirely down to idiot scam artists not the govt) .

Yes yes Im 40 yrs old and I know its politics and not a surprise that its run like this but this country is so blatant about it its unreal.

I wanted to vote him out in a fair fight having had to learn what the national bloody flower was, and what the hell an echidna is, Ive been robbed of my right as a new citizen to destroy them singlehandedly in the due democratic process.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spalen
Perhaps Costello will be persuaded to come out of retirement and take on the leadership or even Howard.

I dont feel happy about having a load of union powerbrokers and some numb-nut labour internal politickers chosing who runs the country, its not right to do that. They were not elected - he was. I hope he goes absolutely mental crazy at them all tonight and gives them a dose of power and authority and gillard gets hoisted and burned then he can rule with an iron fist for the next few months.

This is entirely because of the mining, its got bugger all to do with anything else, they took on the most powerful wealthiest groups and he's getting the equivelant of the ice pick in the car park. Most telling was that the "AWU" walked away from Rudd which led to this downfall tonight in a matter of hours... Who the hell are the unions to decide. 4 mths ago he has #1 rating of any PM (or some months back) and now he's out of a job? what?

I dont like Rudd, I dont like him spending 43b$ on a network, I dont like him spending 40b$ on the plasma screen handout, or the waste of money on schools, I dont like the robin hood taxation, and I dont like the buggered up insulation or other fiascos (the insulation one was entirely down to idiot scam artists not the govt) .

Yes yes Im 40 yrs old and I know its politics and not a surprise that its run like this but this country is so blatant about it its unreal.

I wanted to vote him out in a fair fight having had to learn what the national bloody flower was, and what the hell an echidna is, Ive been robbed of my right as a new citizen to destroy them singlehandedly in the due democratic process.
I'm a new arrival so just learning who stands for what in politics here, but what little I've learned agrees with much of what you've said. For the record my was for the prior comment that resources prevented the worst of the GFC hitting Australia, rather than any particular competence on the part of the govt.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower

Agree, we live in an era of mediocre politicians - on both sides.

I thought that getting rid of KRuddie would be a good thing because the libs would hammer him at the next election. Thing is now, Gillard can beat Abbott and probably will.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 1:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
I wanted to vote him out in a fair fight having had to learn what the national bloody flower was
What is the national flower?

Is it a Wattle? I only guess that because of a Monty Python sketch.

This here's the wattle - the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle or you can hold it in your hand.

JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.