Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A policy Blair would have been proud of..

A policy Blair would have been proud of..

Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

hippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nice
Default Re: A policy Blair would have been proud of..

Originally Posted by Wol
Australia already has, according to some figures, between 1.5 and 2 times the longterm sustainable population. That obviously depends on living standards etc.

*Longterm* means just that: in the short term by flogging off all the commodities we can import food and other essentials but that's not sustainability.

The global population is going to have to go down quite dramatically for the planet to have longterm sustainability: expect to see hundreds of millions and into the billions perishing through starvation, disease and wars before we have an equilibrium situation. And within the lifetime of your children, too - possibly within mine too.

There are quite literally billions who would migrate to Australia or other countries for economic reasons and probably hundreds of millions who would come within genuine refugee status. Clearly the numbers don't add up.

Survival, not comfort, is going to be the word in the near future.
So why don't you do Australia a favour and leave. Its interesting how racists are happy to use the fibs put out by environmentalists when its conveinient to do so.
How many times the sustainable population does the UK have-bet you don't have a problem with native brits having lot's of babies.
Or is it that only 'foreigners' put a strain on the environment.
I would never suggest billions be allowed into Australia.
However should your dreary predictions come true those crowded countries would simply invade an Australia that refused to open its doors wouldn't they?
Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:36 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hippyboy1
i did'nt suggest that-I said they should be given achance-not ahead of genuine claimants.
But by advocating giving places to queue jumpers and people who bogusly claim asylum because they've overstayed their welcome you are taking places away from genuine asylum seekers.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 9:47 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

So why don't you do Australia a favour and leave. Its interesting how racists are happy to use the fibs put out by environmentalists when its conveinient to do so.
How many times the sustainable population does the UK have-bet you don't have a problem with native brits having lot's of babies.
Or is it that only 'foreigners' put a strain on the environment.
I would never suggest billions be allowed into Australia.
However should your dreary predictions come true those crowded countries would simply invade an Australia that refused to open its doors wouldn't they?
I think a course of anger management might help your condition: you do appear to be seething about something.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

those crowded countries would simply invade an Australia that refused to open its doors wouldn't they?
'simply invade' - I think not. The Australians are determined people and the invaders would have a hard fight. Conscripts like you would be put in the front line as cannon fodder.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

hippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nicehippyboy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by NedKelly
'simply invade' - I think not. The Australians are determined people and the invaders would have a hard fight. Conscripts like you would be put in the front line as cannon fodder.
OH no, I pray for the day Australia gets invaded, preferably by asians, and would be there with open arms ready to both surrender and co-operate, as a new era of tolerance and prosperity would be ushered in.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Determined as we may be, a "sustainable" population of ten million would have a hard time warding off billions!
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really niceMid Lifer is just really nice

OH no, I pray for the day Australia gets invaded, preferably by asians, and would be there with open arms ready to both surrender and co-operate, as a new era of tolerance and prosperity would be ushered in.
HippyBoy is a Chinese diplomat. Once Tibet is properly sorted Australia is next.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:23 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I think a course of anger management might help your condition: you do appear to be seething about something.
I suspect he's an illegal immigrant
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:33 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

.....as a new era of tolerance and prosperity would be ushered in.
..and f****ing shite furniture.....
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:36 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
I think in this instance electro-convulsive shock therapy would be more appropriate....
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:40 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Determined as we may be, a "sustainable" population of ten million would have a hard time warding off billions!
Look, you are making no sense whatsoever. Given that China only has a population of 1.3 billion (that's singular billion) how is Australia going to be invaded by billions?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wol
Australia already has, according to some figures, between 1.5 and 2 times the longterm sustainable population. That obviously depends on living standards etc.

*Longterm* means just that: in the short term by flogging off all the commodities we can import food and other essentials but that's not sustainability.

The global population is going to have to go down quite dramatically for the planet to have longterm sustainability: expect to see hundreds of millions and into the billions perishing through starvation, disease and wars before we have an equilibrium situation. And within the lifetime of your children, too - possibly within mine too.

There are quite literally billions who would migrate to Australia or other countries for economic reasons and probably hundreds of millions who would come within genuine refugee status. Clearly the numbers don't add up.

Survival, not comfort, is going to be the word in the near future.
Dunroaming,read this