British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Police - Strange response (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/police-strange-response-339511/)

Vanessa Nov 25th 2005 7:27 pm

Police - Strange response

I have had girlfriends visiting from UK (went back yesterday) and we decided to spend the day on the beach earlier this week. We have a cut through opposite the house and a pathway down to the beach. This is quite a steep slope. Anyway we had been down there for a few hours when one of my friends heard a cough. She looked up and there on the middle of the slope and behind a couple of bushes was a man, no shirt on, trousers round his ankles, masturbating. She couldn't believe her eyes as, apart from the fact of what he was doing, was the fact that anyone could have walked past. Anyway she lowered her classes to see if she was seeing right and he then proceeded to place his hands on his hips and wiggle 'it' at her. He then resumed what he was doing until he 'came'. Yes he was close enough to see!
He then pulled up his trousers and ran!

Whilst this was going on I called the police. The girl at the other end didn't seem much interested and just took a few details and said thanks. We got a very good look at him and possibly a photo (not terribly clear) but she didn't seemed concerned and didn't send anyone out to see us. Why I find it so strange is that there is a girls grammar school next door to me whose ages range from 5 to 18.

jad n rich Nov 25th 2005 8:24 pm

Re: Police - Strange response

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I have had girlfriends visiting from UK (went back yesterday) and we decided to spend the day on the beach earlier this week. We have a cut through opposite the house and a pathway down to the beach. This is quite a steep slope. Anyway we had been down there for a few hours when one of my friends heard a cough. She looked up and there on the middle of the slope and behind a couple of bushes was a man, no shirt on, trousers round his ankles, masturbating. She couldn't believe her eyes as, apart from the fact of what he was doing, was the fact that anyone could have walked past. Anyway she lowered her classes to see if she was seeing right and he then proceeded to place his hands on his hips and wiggle 'it' at her. He then resumed what he was doing until he 'came'. Yes he was close enough to see!

Whilst this was going on I called the police. The girl at the other end didn't seem much interested and just took a few details and said thanks. We got a very good look at him and possibly a photo (not terribly clear) but she didn't seemed concerned and didn't send anyone out to see us. Why I find it so strange is that there is a girls grammar school next door to me whose ages range from 5 to 18.

warn the school they might be more intersted than the police, might put a warning in the newsletter or something.

beaches attract these loops, I walk the dogs on a deserted beach near us, would not go there without the dogs cause a couple of times had to be greeted with similar experiences popping out of the sand dunes :rolleyes:

Vanessa Nov 25th 2005 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich
warn the school they might be more intersted than the police, might put a warning in the newsletter or something.

beaches attract these loops, I walk the dogs on a deserted beach near us, would not go there without the dogs cause a couple of times had to be greeted with similar experiences popping out of the sand dunes :rolleyes:

Good idea. I will do that on Monday. It has certainly put me off going down to the beach on my own now.

Siren & Brian Nov 25th 2005 8:33 pm

What a sick f **k. I think you should try the coppers again, and hopefully get someone that is prepared to do their job properly.

Wheres a pair of scissors when you need them.

irishbloo Nov 25th 2005 9:40 pm

hi a slightly similar thing happened to me and my husband years ago.we were at a beach and there was a man doing a similar thing behind two twelve year old.the girls were clever enough to walk away.when we got to the end of the beach we rang the police.the man was standing next to us.the police were more interested in asking us stupid questions them him.they didnt even come down to the beach to check it out. mad.

fraser Nov 25th 2005 11:03 pm

Probably would have took more notice if you'd have put on an Aussie accent.

cranni Nov 25th 2005 11:49 pm

[QUOTE=Vanessa]I have had girlfriends visiting from UK (went back yesterday) and we decided to spend the day on the beach earlier this week. We have a cut through opposite the house and a pathway down to the beach. This is quite a steep slope. Anyway we had been down there for a few hours when one of my friends heard a cough. She looked up and there on the middle of the slope and behind a couple of bushes was a man, no shirt on, trousers round his ankles, masturbating. She couldn't believe her eyes as, apart from the fact of what he was doing, was the fact that anyone could have walked past. Anyway she lowered her classes to see if she was seeing right and he then proceeded to place his hands on his hips and wiggle 'it' at her. He then resumed what he was doing until he 'came'. Yes he was close enough to see!

Whilst this was going on I called the police. The girl at the other end didn't seem much interested and just took a few details and said thanks. We got a very good look at him and possibly a photo (not terribly clear) but she didn't seemed concerned and didn't send anyone out to see us. Why I find it so strange is that there is a girls grammar school next door to me whose ages happened to me years ago, i was 15, he was in the bushes, it scared me.
Could not tell police though, i was nicking off school.
Could not tell my mum neither. :scared:

BadgeIsBack Nov 26th 2005 8:49 am

A lot of women would have had a stroke. The shock of it.

cranni Nov 26th 2005 8:55 am

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
A lot of women would have had a stroke. The shock of it.

oh no, i wouldnt want to stoke it :scared:

avroncotton Nov 26th 2005 9:57 am

Call John Laws on Monday; he'll talk to the police!

menace Nov 26th 2005 10:25 am

Originally Posted by cranni
oh no, i wouldnt want to stoke it :scared:

LOL that deserves a dose of karma. :D

fraser Nov 26th 2005 10:26 am

Originally Posted by menace
LOL that deserves a dose of karma. :D

Probably be more than a dose of k that you'd get :eek:

elksa Nov 26th 2005 10:19 pm

I feel for you Vanessa. I had a similar experience when I was down the lake, round the corner to my house with my 2yr old son, and a guy statrted doing the same to us. I really cacked my pants, picked my child up, and ran to the nearest house and rung the police, (who turned up hour and 1/2 later.) Nothing ever came of it, even though he'd been well known by the police, but theyd never caught him. Apparently, they where meant to have been after him for a year or so. So why come that long after the bloody complaint..why not come straight away????? I didnt walk back down the lake on my own for about 4 months or so. Discusting sick Bastar** put the whole lot of these perverts on an island, and bomb the b**tards. :mad: