Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police recruitment

police recruitment

Old May 29th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default police recruitment

I would be interested in finding out any info from anyone that has gone to Oz and joined the police over there.This is one of my career options.

Many thanks

JOHN
Old May 29th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: police recruitment

I did a bit of detective work and found the Police part of the forum!! Have you visited it yet???

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79
Old May 30th 2008, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

melb2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

you have to be australian citizenship to apply. Once initial clearance is done (medical and character), have to undertake 6 months training and then work on probation for 12 months before you are given a star....this is for state police, not sure how AFP recruitment works.
Old May 30th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

You don't have to be a citizen to join Sapol (south Australia) are you already a police officer? If so you can aply direct or apply when you get here.
Old May 30th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Have a good friend who joined the SA police about 18 months ago loves it but the wages are crap but they get by.
Old May 30th 2008, 9:09 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Have a good friend who joined the SA police about 18 months ago loves it but the wages are crap but they get by.
Better be specific with comments like that, as it is well-known that, in the past, Australian police were getting stuffed envelopes occasionally handed to them by certain people.
Old May 30th 2008, 9:21 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Better be specific with comments like that, as it is well-known that, in the past, Australian police were getting stuffed envelopes occasionally handed to them by certain people.
Where do I sign up?
Old May 30th 2008, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Where do I sign up?
Hi we get by but I have to work No difference to the UK really you should talk to my hubby he's been at Noosa for 2 yrs now!
Old May 30th 2008, 10:14 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melb2007
you have to be australian citizenship to apply. Once initial clearance is done (medical and character), have to undertake 6 months training and then work on probation for 12 months before you are given a star....this is for state police, not sure how AFP recruitment works.
...and make sure to join the police force in Canberra to get a Glock instead of a 6 shot revolver in Melbourne ;-)
Old May 31st 2008, 2:29 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melb2007

I think you may have confused state and federal - State police only require PR to join, though in NSW you are also required to have completed the degree in Policing or whatever it's called. The AFP (Who are also the ACT Police) do require you to be a citizen, though I have heard of this requirement being waived in certain circumstances.

And for @boy - Sig Sauer automatics in NSW. I didn't think anybody used 6 shooters any more, apart from private security folk. You learn something every day.

S

S
Old May 31st 2008, 5:24 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

SA police still use Smith&Wesson .357magnum, but are soon to change to S&W Auto 15 shot in .40 cal...............mm
Old May 31st 2008, 6:11 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking of applying to join the police (in Qld) when I arrive in a couple of months too. Would be a complete career change for me, but I quite fancy it!

I'll be a PR, which is fine for joining Qld police.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
I would be interested in finding out any info from anyone that has gone to Oz and joined the police over there.This is one of my career options.

Many thanks

JOHN
Hello John,

I went to Oz in 2003 and joined the WA police in 2007. To join you need to be a permanent resident of have citizenship. Looking on the net, and it depends where you want to live the NT Police are currently recruiting. The wages are not bad in NT but the allowances are very good. Check them out on the net.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Hutchy

Are you the one from the Macum football website who came over a few months ago?

Keel

Originally Posted by hutchy
Hello John,

I went to Oz in 2003 and joined the WA police in 2007. To join you need to be a permanent resident of have citizenship. Looking on the net, and it depends where you want to live the NT Police are currently recruiting. The wages are not bad in NT but the allowances are very good. Check them out on the net.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

If you get sponsored by the WA police your given perminent residency as soon as you arrive.

Even if you pack in the first day on the job you've got your PR and you can stay for the rest of your life.

Keel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.