Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Officer Transfer

Police Officer Transfer

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:41 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold
Default Police Officer Transfer

I am currently a serving police officer in the U.K and was toying with the idea of maybe transferring over to Australia in the near future. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has done the same or knows anyone who has and their experiences.

Thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 11:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Officer Transfer

Originally Posted by turtletom
I am currently a serving police officer in the U.K and was toying with the idea of maybe transferring over to Australia in the near future. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has done the same or knows anyone who has and their experiences.

Thanks
WAPOL are currently recruiting internationally. Have a look at the police forum - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79

There's a few threads in there related to this and previous recruitment drives, and a few members around that have made the move from the UK
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:15 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

Cheers, I'm aware that WA are recruiting however I only have 2 years in and I think you need 3. I would prefer moving to NSW but not that fussy. I will search through the forum to see if I can see any comments from other users who have made the move.

Cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 1:25 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, I'm aware that WA are recruiting however I only have 2 years in and I think you need 3. I would prefer moving to NSW but not that fussy. I will search through the forum to see if I can see any comments from other users who have made the move.

Cheers
As police officer is CSOL you need employer or state sponsorship to be able to get a skilled visa - and it currently is not on any state lists. In the past I know SAPOL have recruited in the UK - not sure of any of the other forces though.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother with QLD as have an Oz friend with 5 years army service that's had major hassle trying to meet the requirements, whereas any other state would have taken him as a straight transfer from the army. He ha good, full high school grades too.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Unless you have a partner that can obtain a PR visa, you aren't going to be able to be that picky. You will have to wait for a recruitment drive, there is nothing else for it. If NSW are not recruiting at the moment and WA require three years, then you are going to have to wait.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 10:46 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Unless you have a partner that can obtain a PR visa, you aren't going to be able to be that picky. You will have to wait for a recruitment drive, there is nothing else for it. If NSW are not recruiting at the moment and WA require three years, then you are going to have to wait.

I don't believe that NSW recruit overseas, as it is a requirement that police officers obtain the associate degree in policing before they are eligible to apply. Everybody has to start from scratch.

S
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I don't believe that NSW recruit overseas, as it is a requirement that police officers obtain the associate degree in policing before they are eligible to apply. Everybody has to start from scratch.

S
Same with Queensland, they don't sponsor either.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 9:44 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Same with Queensland, they don't sponsor either.
There were some type of exchange situations in QLD. I met a bloke not long after we arrived that worked the Harehills are of Leeds, he had come over to Australia on some exchange type trip. He was in clover working out of Maryboro' dealing with raids on homes growing pot. A far cry from his drug unit duties in Leeds. He was hoping to stay on at the end of his 6 month stint.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 1:53 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

Cheers guys, I forgot to mention I already have permanent residence status.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 5:17 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

If you have PR then take your pick! Though I think you'll find that WAPol is one of better services in Oz and they will recognise prior service and have a transition course for experienced cops. Most other forces make you do a longer new entrant course.

As a PR you will be eligible to apply to WAPol under the Lateral entry stream where there are no restrictions with regard to length of service.
Get cracking!

All the best.

Last edited by Pincher; Apr 3rd 2014 at 5:21 pm. Reason: additions
Old Apr 4th 2014, 6:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys, I forgot to mention I already have permanent residence status.
Is your pr still valid? What's the expiry date on your visa?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 9:29 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Also...
On the new Stepforward site they've changed 'Lateral Entry' to 'Interstate Transition'. Although this implies you need to be an existing Australian officer, when you read the qualifying criteria it also includes PR holders.

If you apply under this stream you would normally have to travel to Perth for the testing. However, if you contact them they may well let you do the testing in the UK along side the current International stream (this is what one forum member did last year).
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:23 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Is your pr still valid? What's the expiry date on your visa?
For some reason can't see the past posts but if I remember correctly, they left 2008, casting some doubt on PR and eligibility of RRV.... Hoping to be proven wrong...
Old Apr 4th 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by teza
For some reason can't see the past posts but if I remember correctly, they left 2008, casting some doubt on PR and eligibility of RRV.... Hoping to be proven wrong...
I think Tom left in 2007, but his Mum still lives in Oz I think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.