Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Officer looking for Australian move.

Police Officer looking for Australian move.

Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:13 am
Just Joined

James691 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Police Officer looking for Australian move.

Hello there,

First time poster for this and should do a slight introduction I feel. My name is James and I am 36 year old fire arms officer. I have been in the job a while now and have a rather good cv for police, prison and RAF service.

I am looking for advice on getting into ANY Aussie police service and I was told, but cannot find, that I can get a direct transfer to perm resi' on this, or has that stopped?

Any advice would be great, British Bobbies already out there would be very good to hear from you please.

Thanks in advance....am sick of this rain now.

James
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Officer looking for Australian move.

Hi James, welcome to BE

It might be worth your while posting in this part of the forum also: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:37 am
Just Joined

Thanks Wendy,

Will paste a copy in there, much appreciated.

James
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by James691
Hello there,

First time poster for this and should do a slight introduction I feel. My name is James and I am 36 year old fire arms officer. I have been in the job a while now and have a rather good cv for police, prison and RAF service.

I am looking for advice on getting into ANY Aussie police service and I was told, but cannot find, that I can get a direct transfer to perm resi' on this, or has that stopped?

Any advice would be great, British Bobbies already out there would be very good to hear from you please.

James

Welcome to the emigration roller coaster & BE!!!

What do your family think of moving to Oz?

Do you have an early preference to areas?

What sort of climate are you looking for?

Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy,

Will paste a copy in there, much appreciated.

James

Also just found this for you

http://www.sapolice.sa.gov.au/sapol/...recruiting.jsp
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by justsarah
Welcome to the emigration roller coaster & BE!!!

What do your family think of moving to Oz?

Do you have an early preference to areas?

What sort of climate are you looking for?

Most of my cousins are there.

Not at all, am a land on my feet kind of person. I do like rural and the outdoors.

One that lets you use a motorbike more than 4 weeks a year without frost bite and having to wipe rain off the visor every 2 seconds would be nice!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
oh thanks!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Hello there,

James

Hi James

You might want to try the Australian Federal Police. They do Lateral Recruitment and run specific courses for Police Officers from other Police Forces.

www.afp.gov.au and follow the prompts for careers/recruitment. They are recruiting at the moment.

Good luck

Barney
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by POW148
Hi James

You might want to try the Australian Federal Police. They do Lateral Recruitment and run specific courses for Police Officers from other Police Forces.

www.afp.gov.au and follow the prompts for careers/recruitment. They are recruiting at the moment.

Good luck

Barney
Hi POW,

Thanks for that but it looks like I would need to be a Australian Citizen for that one, I can ask I suppose.

James
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi POW,

Thanks for that but it looks like I would need to be a Australian Citizen for that one, I can ask I suppose.

James
Hi james, my husband is a permanent resident, not a citizen, he was offered positions with both AFP and Qld so always worth a try!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

HugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura aboutHugoB has a spectacular aura about

Hi James, have sent you a pm with link to police forums which covers SA and WA.

We're here with WAPOL, there has been a huge recruitment drive from UK and other counties over the last 2 years!! We have quite a few freinds that have also come over with them.

Good luck.

HB
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:18 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hi james, my husband is a permanent resident, not a citizen, he was offered positions with both AFP and Qld so always worth a try!
The AFP won't sponsor a non-pr overseas officer for a visa however.

S
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HugoB
Hi James, have sent you a pm with link to police forums which covers SA and WA.

We're here with WAPOL, there has been a huge recruitment drive from UK and other counties over the last 2 years!! We have quite a few freinds that have also come over with them.

Good luck.

HB
Hi Hugo,

Thanks so very much for that! My girl friend is Australian born but she is from QLD, am looking at any place just to get in to be honest. An amazing country and not so much on the local counsil issues for having a home I hear that right?

How many of 'us' are over there now? I have registered my interest with SA but can find no link to call etc for any other states.

What is the 'team' like over there and how progessive is the rank structure?

Thanks again for the help and any hit ups on the local strat, performance id's and how heavy admin if local area anit social is would be a help?

Thanks in advance

James
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
The AFP won't sponsor a non-pr overseas officer for a visa however.

S

Ah then it looks like I would need to join a state police service then make a lateral move perhaps in some years as a then perm resident! Still, that does give me a lot of options.

Any idea what the pay is like compared to standard of living over in the UK?

Am on year 7 inc at the present.

POLSA
CTSU
AFO
and Public Order.

Thanks

James
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Ah then it looks like I would need to join a state police service then make a lateral move perhaps in some years as a then perm resident! Still, that does give me a lot of options.

Any idea what the pay is like compared to standard of living over in the UK?

Am on year 7 inc at the present.

POLSA
CTSU
AFO
and Public Order.

Thanks

James
haha - good luck hubby is on yr 8 inc - we worked out he's on $23 p/hr! He was on over 32 grand per annum in the UK! Don't make the move if you like your money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.