Reload this Page >

police / medical checks

police / medical checks

Old May 8th 2004, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Default police / medical checks

Hi Guys,
Me n my missus are 5 months into a skilled independant migration application. As yet we have not received a request for medical and police checks. Can i pre-empt this and get them done in advance of receiving this request so that they are ready to send off immediately when the time comes??
I believe you must enter Oz within 12 months of these checks to kick the visa off? Trying to make up some time coz Adelaide skilled processing centre misplaced our application for over two months when we first sent it in!!!!
Also how do i find out details of what is required for the medicals (Approved doctors etc)?
Any advice would be very warmly welcomed,

regards

Patmoss
Old May 8th 2004, 11:44 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: police / medical checks

Hi Pat,

Can't answer you're first questions but if you look at this thread it'll give you all the details for police checks and meds.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=228875

Good Luck
Old May 8th 2004, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

salokin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by patmoss
Hi Guys,
Me n my missus are 5 months into a skilled independant migration application. As yet we have not received a request for medical and police checks. Can i pre-empt this and get them done in advance of receiving this request so that they are ready to send off immediately when the time comes??
I believe you must enter Oz within 12 months of these checks to kick the visa off? Trying to make up some time coz Adelaide skilled processing centre misplaced our application for over two months when we first sent it in!!!!
Also how do i find out details of what is required for the medicals (Approved doctors etc)?

regards

Patmoss

Hi sent you a PM
Old May 8th 2004, 6:13 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by patmoss
Hi Guys,

regards

Patmoss

Hi,
As long as you are prepared to validate before the date you did the earliest check then go for it. We did and against our 50 week timescale we saved approx 12weeks.

As for the doctors - got to the Australia House website and it gives a list of panel doctors as a pdf file to download under the "Health & Character" section.

Its a bit of a gamble but it paid off for us ut you do hear some stories of it anoying the case officer if you send them early.

Good luck

Warren

Old May 8th 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Our Acknowledgement of our visa application being lodged was dated 20th Jan '03, we too have decided against our agents advice to front load our meds & police checks. Our agent said it would probably speed our application up by a month.
As already said in one of the replies it is a gamble as some case officers can get annoyed by front loading.
We had to confirm in writing to our agent that we are getting our meds & pc done un requested. You can down load the forms off the dimia website, but we received the info of doctors from our agent.
All the best Kat