Reload this Page >

Police clearance docs and language ability

Police clearance docs and language ability

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

steved is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police clearance docs and language ability

Hi. A couple of qs for PR application.

I notice the new General Skilled Migration booklet (1 July) has an added paragraph (page 54) about Original Documents. It says that DIMIA requires the following *original* docs with your application:

- evidence of English language ability
- skills assessment
- police clearance.

Am I right in thinking you need to get a police check done *before* submitting the application now?

Also, if I am British and have lived in UK all my life, what would anyone suggest I use as proof of my English language ability? It says earlier in the booklet to 'provide evidence that you are native English speaker'.

Cheers,

s.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:10 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

The fact that you're English proves it. My wife's status as an American was good enough for them as well.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Police clearance docs and language ability

Also, if I am British and have lived in UK all my life, what would anyone suggest I use as proof of my English language ability? It says earlier in the booklet to 'provide evidence that you are native English speaker'.

I have also downloaded this form today and wondered the same thing.

Primrose
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 2:40 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

These booklets seem to confuse things somewhat,i read them over & over & get even more confused
Maybe im just thicker than i thought!