Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police clearance

Police clearance

Old Apr 13th 2003, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Police clearance

I gather that I go to my local Police Station and tell them that I want a police clearence for England for my partner and I.
Do I needto take any ID with me or is this needed when you send off the forms?

I am feeling a bit lost in the desert at the moment .... help!
Old Apr 13th 2003, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

mrladyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police clearance

Originally posted by tinaj
I gather that I go to my local Police Station and tell them that I want a police clearence for England for my partner and I.

My local police station told me that, actually, each person had to request the clearance letters in person. But luckily my local (small) station officer was content to allow me to request my and my wife's records. We both live at the same address etc. so it was pretty obvious that my request was legit.

Yes, you will need proof of ID and proof of address (I took 2 x passports and a couple of utility bills, in both my and my wife's names).

In short, take more than you think you need. The checks take long enough as it is without delaying them through lack of paperwork.

Oh, and my officer gave me the request and suggested I post it first class, since that arrives next day and his internal mail would take 2-3 days. As Paul Daniels used to say..."every second counts".
Old Apr 13th 2003, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police clearance

Originally posted by tinaj

Hi Tina,
We went to our local Police station and got forms to send off to our County Police force who then send them to Scotland yard
who then keep them in a draw until you ring them up and tell them its taken far longer than the 40 days they are allowed to take over such things, then they get them out and post them to you...........
Old Apr 14th 2003, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Clearance

We just went into the nearest big police station got the forms, sent them off with birth certificates and of course a small fee!! Voila returned within 28 days.
Old Apr 14th 2003, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for all of your advice.

I have been given details of a site online where you can get the forms from.

Can anyone tell me if these are the correct forms?

Form 3019A
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
How to apply for access to information about you held on MPS computers.

and
Form 3019B
DATA pROTECTION ACT 1998
How to apply for access to information about you held on the poice national computer (PNC)

I live in the Metropolitan Police Area and always have done.

I have been advised to get them in ASAP as our agent reckons if the info is all sent off quickly, by 30th of June we might get visas by then
Thanks.