Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks - Your Opinions Please.

Police Checks - Your Opinions Please.

Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:34 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Question Police Checks - Your Opinions Please.

DIMIA received our application 4th April, we have picked the police check
forms from the local police station, would you fill them in and send them off or
would you wait to be asked for them ? I only ask because I have read on this
site that they can take a while to come back.

What do you think ? Your opinions appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracey x
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:43 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks - Your Opinions Please.

Hi Tracey

We applied for our police checks after the request from DIMIA. For information, we applied on the 25th September, recieved confirmation of request on the 30th, and as it happens they came in the post this morning ! So it took a little over 4 weeks. But you are right they do take quite a while, the stated time is 40 days. I have heard that people have recieved theirs after a couple of weeks, but even so, you should have plenty of time between getting the request to supply police checks and actually recieving them and then forwarding them on to your case officer.

Best of luck. Gary

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
DIMIA received our application 4th April, we have picked the police check
forms from the local police station, would you fill them in and send them off or
would you wait to be asked for them ? I only ask because I have read on this
site that they can take a while to come back.

What do you think ? Your opinions appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracey x
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:44 am
Go Banana's !!

Depends on what category your are applying and how long through the process you are.

Remember you have 12 months to validate from the date of the EARLIEST checks, whether it be the meds or police check.

Warren

Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:49 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Thanks for replying so quickly, we are applying under the skilled independent
visa and DIMIA received our application on 04/04/04.

Thanks again,

Tracey
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:14 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks again,

Tracey
Hi Tracey,
Just been on the phone about our police checks. Basically I was told they have 40 days to comply, which was not what I was asking,lol. I actually asked if they had any idea what waiting times were at the moment. Was told it depends on how busy they are. Judging by how many people are trying to get away etc, I guess they are inundated.
Sarah
Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:24 am
Go Banana's !!

Thanks again,

Tracey
Hi, ours only took 2 weeks to get back but again it varies depending on your police force and how quick they liaise with Scotland Yard. Most poeple with no recrds get them back in a couple of weeks.

Also, if you have applied in April then it may be worth a gamble as you are over half way through. You have to weigh up whether you can afford to get your meds or checks done again if you time out before the appication is processed and you can validate. We saved 3 months on the timeline BUT were delayed with the house...hence I'm here and Jill's in Oz now !

Warren