Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police checks - What should we do.

police checks - What should we do.

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Northern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to allNorthern-Monkey is a name known to all
Default police checks - What should we do.

Got police checks back to day and hubby has 2 convictions one caution.

1 conviction I declared but he forgot!!!! to tell me about a fine for affray in 1991 and a caution for theft of a 15ft yukka tree yes bizarre I know but it was Christmas eve 1995.

Question is should I send a covering letter explaining these or just send police check with no explanation as they are mild offences.

Thanks

and no jokes about yukkas
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 4:17 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: police checks - What should we do.

Originally Posted by Northern-Monkey

1 conviction I declared but he forgot!!!! to tell me about a fine for affray in 1991 and a caution for theft of a 15ft yukka tree yes bizarre I know but it was Christmas eve 1995.

Question is should I send a covering letter explaining these or just send police check with no explanation as they are mild offences.

Thanks

That was my Yukka tree!!! From what I've read they are particularly interested in 12 month or more custodial sentences.

Look here.

Makes me laugh where they say a person will fail a character check if 'they have been sentenced to death'

Rich
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 4:55 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Thanks

Hi Guys,

You're not alone!! I had a conviction that showed up....from what I can remember, it is best to write a covering note for each conviction - may take a while, but what harm can it do?
Dont think they are gonna look badly at you though due to the nature of the offences.
Good luck
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

appyarry will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Hi Guys,

You're not alone!! I had a conviction that showed up....from what I can remember, it is best to write a covering note for each conviction - may take a while, but what harm can it do?
Dont think they are gonna look badly at you though due to the nature of the offences.
Good luck
it made me smile cause i stole a 15 ft fern thing from the lobby of a posh hotel on my wifes xmas bash .. i hailed a taxi and got in with it.. i woke up the next morning lying next to it. thought i was in the jungle. this thing weighd a tonne how i carried i dont know ... shrub nickers unite
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:25 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

SHRUB NICKER GARDENERS QUESTION TIME
I kind of broke a Yukka tree in half by accident. It is my girlfriends, she has had it for 9 years - this could break us up. So we now have 2 parts, will both of them grow healthy again into 2 Yukka Trees ? should i tell or continue to hide them?
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi Daz had convictions for fighting and driving without insurance & fraud as he gave in false documents!!! We had to write explaining actions and how he is now a reformed character and he has seen the error of his ways and will never do it again etc - get the picture. Plus he needed a handful of character witnesses from people such as Police lawyers church ministers etc. This we found hard - but some of Dazs friends own their own buisnesses, one is a police man and various others we could find.
Hope this helps.
Karen x
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hi Daz had convictions for fighting and driving without insurance & fraud as he gave in false documents!!! We had to write explaining actions and how he is now a reformed character and he has seen the error of his ways and will never do it again etc - get the picture. Plus he needed a handful of character witnesses from people such as Police lawyers church ministers etc. This we found hard - but some of Dazs friends own their own buisnesses, one is a police man and various others we could find.
Hope this helps.
Karen x
Thats the best way to go - a short letter with an explanation of events, explaining how you have reformed.
Don't worry about it preventing you getting the visa - there are people on here with far far worse histories - including drugs and violence - and they have got their visas with no problem.