Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police checks question

police checks question

Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

andrea jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police checks question

Do I need forms for the police checks or do I just go to my local police station and they'll know what I'm talking about? Does my 17 year old to have to have one done?

Thanks for your help again.

Andrea jc
Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:00 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: police checks question

Originally posted by andrea jc
Do I need forms for the police checks or do I just go to my local police station and they'll know what I'm talking about? Does my 17 year old to have to have one done?

Thanks for your help again.

Andrea jc
Yes you do need a form per person (not sure about the 17-year-old - Pollyana could help there no doubt) but if you go to your local police station they will know what you are talking about and give you said form.

You then send it off and they run you through the central computer so you don't need to do a seperate form for every police area you have ever lived in ( anticipating a potential next question! )
Old Mar 6th 2004, 12:17 pm
DarrenD

We did them last july.

The process we went through was:

1) Phone local police e.g. Surrey Police asking to speak to the person who deals with police clearance certificates (may have been data protection registrar who dealt with it)

2) they posted forms to us (from memory I was told our police station didnt hold them)

3) Fill in forms, take proof of ID (passport & driving licence) to police station.

4) Pay them the £10 each. They give a receipt and send it off.

5) although they say 40days, in reality ours came back in 20 days to you as you asked for it.

6) Send it off to wherever you are applying to (good idea to get certified copies in casse it gets lost in post)

Process is more complex if youve lived overseas. Let me know if youve lived overseas for > 1 yr. We've done police certificates for that too.

Hope this helps.

Old Mar 6th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We were told we had to get one done for our 16 year old.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 3:06 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: police checks question

Hiya andrea jc,

take a look at the police force's web site. The forms are often on there. They require the forms to be filled in and 2 photocopy's of proof of id, showing your DOB & address, eg Passport & driving liscence.

It cost me £10.00 for the application.

Bye
Markeh