Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police checks and medicals for oz!

police checks and medicals for oz!

Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:17 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all
Default police checks and medicals for oz!

hi i'm hopefully going to oz in june this year.....my e457 visa is going underway at moment....i'm just wondering do i get my police checks and medicals sorted now or do i wait for my case officer to tell me when to get them done??????i'm bit muddled bout it!!!

cheers
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Re: police checks and medicals for oz!

Originally Posted by nursekaty
hi i'm hopefully going to oz in june this year.....my e457 visa is going underway at moment....i'm just wondering do i get my police checks and medicals sorted now or do i wait for my case officer to tell me when to get them done??????i'm bit muddled bout it!!!

cheers
Hiya

I have just contacted the data protection people to get my police check forms through - it takes 40 days for them to be returned after you've completed them - apparently!?

We have not had anything through from immigration yet - just the Labour agreement from Canberra. It's valid for 12 months from the date of certificate - so you have nothing to lose!

Angie
Old Jan 11th 2007, 5:59 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

cheers
Hi, Welcome to the Forum
Police checks and Meds are only valid for 1 year so if you are sure you are going in June they will be valid.
Not sure what stage you are at but Meds are sent directly by the doctor to OZ so you need a reference number for your application so they don't get lost. Good Luck
Old Jan 11th 2007, 6:45 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

I am going through the application process for a 457 visa at the moment and they do not require police checks or medicals. All they have asked for is a chest x-ray - we have just got back from having ours done today. The X-Ray is filed electronicly by the doctor (we are doing an online application).

It states in the forms for the 457 not to get anything until asked for it.

Regards Gary
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:04 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Just realised your username means you may be a Nurse!
Think it is probably different for people working in a hospital i guess.

Ignore my above post, am probably talking bullicks.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

cheers

I was of the understanding that once your police checks and medicals are booked which ever the first you have one year from that date to enter the country. Our police checks were requested 5th September 06 so we have until 5th September 07 to enter Australia.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 8:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulhill
I was of the understanding that once your police checks and medicals are booked which ever the first you have one year from that date to enter the country. Our police checks were requested 5th September 06 so we have until 5th September 07 to enter Australia.
they are valid for one year from the date on which they are issued, which usually means you have a year from the earlier date (police check issued or meds done) to enter AUs once the visa is issued. On occasions however you only get 6 months - if there are problems with the medical, for instance.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
I am going through the application process for a 457 visa at the moment and they do not require police checks or medicals. All they have asked for is a chest x-ray - we have just got back from having ours done today. The X-Ray is filed electronicly by the doctor (we are doing an online application).

It states in the forms for the 457 not to get anything until asked for it.

Regards Gary
Hello
Are you sure you are not required to do police checks?
We came on a 457 and had to send them.
Sue
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:17 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

i'll have to do a police check cause i'm a nurse it's usually standard practice. so do i have to wait till i get the go ahead from the visa asking me to have a medical before i can go for it? i'm gonna start police check tomorrow, to try and speed things up if it can take up to 40days!!!i'm dying to get to oz!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 9:18 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

oooopsss just realised i was logged in under boyfriends name on last one...it's me though!!!