Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police checks how long do they take?

police checks how long do they take?

Old Oct 20th 2002, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: police checks how long do they take?

Originally posted by poggle:
Cazz!

ooooooooppss!!!! sorry! ignore last post, not been awake long, mis-read your post, thought you hadn't been asked for your meds and police yet!! still the info might be of use to someone else!

Cheers!
Hi Poggle,
thanks for the welcome, yes the site has a few very negative people on it, but I tend not to listen to negative people, if i did I wouldn't get any where in life,they pull you down with them and i am determined to stay up and positive.

Have you received your visa yet or are you still waiting?
thanks
Cazz
Old Oct 20th 2002, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cazz:

Hi Poggle,
thanks for the welcome, yes the site has a few very negative people on it, but I tend not to listen to negative people, if i did I wouldn't get any where in life,they pull you down with them and i am determined to stay up and positive.

Have you received your visa yet or are you still waiting?
thanks
Cazz

Hi Cazz!

No, still waiting unfortunately! We applied in May this year, and have also just applied for STNI to Vic.gov. so hope fully this may help speed things up!! or maybe, it's just wishful thinking!! I have a job offer too and just cant wait to get out there and start a 'new life' in Melboune!

How long have you been waiting? where are heading for?

Cheers!
Old Oct 20th 2002, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by poggle:

Hi Cazz!

No, still waiting unfortunately! We applied in May this year, and have also just applied for STNI to Vic.gov. so hope fully this may help speed things up!! or maybe, it's just wishful thinking!! I have a job offer too and just cant wait to get out there and start a 'new life' in Melboune!

How long have you been waiting? where are heading for?

Cheers!
Hi Kaff,
We applied luckily to Adelaide, in Feb this year we were asked end sept to have medicals etc now waiting for results.

Heading to Brisbane maybe, not sure yet sister in Brisbane so will check it out at xmas.

cazz
Old Oct 25th 2002, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - we've also sent our medicals/police checks in Sept. Still no reply and I'd love to know if they're still in Sydney.
Paul - how did you find out about your medicals stuck in Sydney? Did you phone Adelaide to find out? I try not to phone Adelaide unecessary because they are very strict about that.
In the meantime - good luck to all those who are waiting for the 'magic moment'. Good luck also to those who haven't arrived this far - take heart and remember that you're not alone.

Cheers - Syl.
Old Oct 31st 2002, 9:56 am
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point

mine took about 3 weeks with the cheshire police and they sent out a letter about a week b4 stating it was clear etc
Old Nov 1st 2002, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cazz
Hi all,
waiting for police checks to come back does anyone know how long they are taking at the moment? Going to oz at christmas for a holiday and hoping to get visa's in time, have been told to get medicals and police checks. When we have sent everything off to Adelaide do you know how long it takes to get visa. Am i being to hopeful for christmas.
Brilliant site only found it today.

hi we have been waiting for just over 40 days for our police checks, medicals all done so just waiting . once these are sent what time is it taking to get any replies.( from London)
Old Nov 1st 2002, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Both times we had ours done, took around 3 weeks (Derbyshire).
Mash...

Originally posted by liz and mark
hi we have been waiting for just over 40 days for our police checks, medicals all done so just waiting . once these are sent what time is it taking to get any replies.( from London)