Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police checks help

Police checks help

Old Apr 16th 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Leevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura about
Default Police checks help

Although my police checks have come back ok. I got in trouble 17 years
ago. Had a fight went to court got fined. Never been in trouble before and
have not since. Should I mention it on my application.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks help

Originally Posted by Leevan

Yes, you should declare it, because if you don't and DIMA find out it will put your application in jeopary. Even after it is issued, should they find out for any reason then they can cancel your visa.

A few people have got visa's even with convictions, so it should be fine
Old Apr 16th 2006, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Leevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura aboutLeevan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yes, you should declare it, because if you don't and DIMA find out it will put your application in jeopary. Even after it is issued, should they find out for any reason then they can cancel your visa.

Thanks for the advice. I will take it.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 5:56 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

only custodial sentances have any bearing on your visa application

wends is right you should declare it as it may come back to haunt you later

regards steve
Old Apr 16th 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leevan
No conviction - nothing on police systems but get some advice about what way to proceed.

Sue
Old Apr 16th 2006, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Had a couple of convictions about 20 years or more ago, nothing serious, in fact that long ago I don't know dates etc. Will they be on my police check so that I can put down the proper dates on my visa application as I don't want to guess when they were and they are so trivial I can't even remember what they were for! Breach of the Peace (Drunk and singing) I think.

What do you think Wendy?

Lone Ranger
Old Apr 16th 2006, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Had a couple of convictions about 20 years or more ago, nothing serious, in fact that long ago I don't know dates etc. Will they be on my police check so that I can put down the proper dates on my visa application as I don't want to guess when they were and they are so trivial I can't even remember what they were for! Breach of the Peace (Drunk and singing) I think.

What do you think Wendy?

Lone Ranger
Just put as much as you can remember and then comment that you don't know the exact dates.

The best person to ask advice from is Pollyana, I'm sure once she see's this post she will be able to advise. Or you could PM her, I'm sure she won't mind.
Old Apr 16th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light

Just put as much as you can remember and then comment that you don't know the exact dates.

The best person to ask advice from is Pollyana, I'm sure once she see's this post she will be able to advise. Or you could PM her, I'm sure she won't mind.
Thanx Wendy you really are the 'Queen' of the forum

Lone Ranger
Old Apr 16th 2006, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Thanx Wendy you really are the 'Queen' of the forum

Lone Ranger
Hehe
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
BAck at last - looooong weekend with MIL!
Yes, I would echo Wendy - put what you can remember, and any mitigating circumstances, for instance if drunk and disorderly because upset over parents divorce, or because celebrating friends birthday, then that helps explain it as an unusual occurence.
Shouldn't make any difference at all to the application, but you should be honest and admit it.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi,
BAck at last - looooong weekend with MIL!
Yes, I would echo Wendy - put what you can remember, and any mitigating circumstances, for instance if drunk and disorderly because upset over parents divorce, or because celebrating friends birthday, then that helps explain it as an unusual occurence.
Shouldn't make any difference at all to the application, but you should be honest and admit it.

Did you have a nice weekend at your MIL's
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:15 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have a nice weekend at your MIL's

:scared: :scared:

She did offer me some nice doilies with pink pansies round the edge....very kind of her, but shows how well she doesn't know me! Soemone tell me what doilies are for .....
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
:scared: :scared:

She did offer me some nice doilies with pink pansies round the edge....very kind of her, but shows how well she doesn't know me! Soemone tell me what doilies are for .....

Not so good then

What are doilies for
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:23 am
Home and Happy

Not so good then

What are doilies for
My sister tells me they are Hyacinth Bucket territory - so not for me