Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police checks health checks how??

police checks health checks how??

Old Oct 18th 2001, 5:38 am
Just Joined

piglet will become famous soon enough

Hi I know that these are both needed and i think i have just confused myself and need someone to tell me what an idiot i am!! Do these need to be on forms from the embassy or can i apply for the health checks from the dima list of doctors myself. Also do i apply to scotland yard or local police station and does this need to be on a special embassy form also? ( I am in the uk) I may be taking the information to oz with me so want to be certain that i have got the right paperwork. I have been over visa form so many times my head is spinning!!! thanks
Old Oct 18th 2001, 7:08 am
Just Joined

serviced is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

The police checks can be requested from your local cop shop - go in and tell them what you need it for and they will take your name and address details and have a form sent out to you from the regional HQ. You fill this in and send it off with your £10 fee and in about 3 weeks you'll get a letter from the local Chief Constable with details of any criminal activity they have on file for you. It's an official document with a seal and everything and you might as well send that with your application. As for the doctors thing, when you send the form off for your visa AHC will write to you (eventually - it takes a different length of time of course depending on the visa you need) asking you go have a medical and will send you the forms (only they can get these to you so you have to be patient) they will also supply you with a list of approved doctors and radiologists and you have to make your own arrangements to see them - due to demand this might take a couple of weeks. You generally only need to have a full medical if you are likely to be working in a medical environment (say, a hospital or Nursing home etc) or an environment where there are likely to be children. However, everyone over the age of 16 has to have an x-ray - the Australians have a big bee in their bonnet about TB (rightly so) and the scan covers this. Don't forget your passport sized photos for the meds though. When we had them done recently the medicals were £60 for adults £30 for kids and the x-rays were £30 apiece - depending on your Dr you may have to pay a bit extra for bloodtests (if you have tattoos or lapsed bloods from an earlier medical test etc). Hope this helps.
Old Oct 18th 2001, 10:12 am
Jaj

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Normally in the UK you just get a printout of your (hopefully non-existent) criminal
record from the National Identification Service. There's no official stamp on the
report and the signature is from someone in the NIS rather than the local Chief
Constable. No official stamp either. Unless things have changed recently.

>
    >
    >

If you are applying for a migration visa then you will need a medical, regardless of
your intended occupation in Australia.

Jeremy