Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police checks & drink driving

Police checks & drink driving

Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:32 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Police checks & drink driving

Just got our police checks back. All clear apart from the wife had a drink driving ban for one year about five years ago.
I would not have thought that this should present a problem, since it is not a criminal offence, but it is on the record.
Has anyone else had this, or does anyone know for sure that it will be okay?
Old Jun 10th 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Not had this, but I'm sure it will not be a problem. They are looking for serious criminal offences.

Do a search on this forum. There were a lot of discussions regarding criminal offences a couple of months ago.

Good luck.
Karl.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police checks & drink driving

Hi although hubby polices check came back clear 11 years ago he was done for drink driving and we had indicated this in our application. All he was asked for was a statement with the details of the offence. It was not a problem as we have been granted our visas. Hope this is of help.

Liz and Mark
Brisbane october 03
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chippy

Drink drive is a serious offence and can be reason to refuse entry, not sure of the period they require to have lapsed since the event?
Sorry for the bad news

Terry
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:53 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there My Brother had a DD ban not long before he went to Adelaide 7 years ago and he got in, so whilst it's a serious offence i dont think it will stop you going on it's own
Old Jun 11th 2003, 1:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
Just got our police checks back. All clear apart from the wife had a drink driving ban for one year about five years ago.
I would not have thought that this should present a problem, since it is not a criminal offence, but it is on the record.
You must declare it on your application, but it won't stop you getting a visa.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are looking for serious criminal offences
It is a serious offence, and although not a criminal offence DD is still bloody criminal.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 6:40 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by karawara88
It is a serious offence, and although not a criminal offence DD is still bloody criminal.
karawara88 (aka:sanctimonious),
I came here for an answer, not a lecture. Thanks everyone else for their advice.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by chippy
Don't worry about this, my hubby had a DD on his police certificate from 4 years ago and we have just been granted our visas!!!

This won't be a problem
Good luck

Pudnut...
Old Jun 11th 2003, 8:01 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by pudnut
Don't worry about this, my hubby had a DD on his police certificate from 4 years ago and we have just been granted our visas!!!

This won't be a problem
Good luck

Pudnut...
Hi Tracie

I was just about to tell Chippy the same thing! Some people on this forum can be so negative!!!

Mel