Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks Done In 2 Days!!

Police Checks Done In 2 Days!!

Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:11 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Police Checks Done In 2 Days!!

As I mentioned on a previous thread, we took our police check forms down to the police station on Tuesday morning (6th) where they checked the ID for us and sent them off for us. Well, I came downstairs this morning and there they are on the door mat! They are dated the 8th of Jan, 2 days after we handed them in.

Now that's what you pay your council tax for!

I would seriously suggest that you hand your forms in personally if you are about to have them done. They do say it's a bit quicker. But 2 days? They must have had that blue light flashing like crazy. Vroommmmmmmm!

Last edited by SteveBannister; Jan 10th 2004 at 9:17 am.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

PaulDClark is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent mine on 27th Dec, and they arrived dated the 6 Jan.

Trouble is I wanted them dated at the beginning of Feb, so I will have to them again!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Checks Done In 2 Days!!

Hi Steve,

Have you had your requests yet or are you just getting everything ready to go in? When do you go for your meds?

We finally exchanged contracts on the house on Thursday afternoon at 17:20. Talk about Stress! Selling houses in the UK is just a joke. That is 7 months after the initial offer - same buyer.

The shippers come in on 26th and 27th January and we complete on 30th. So then we move in with my mum, we just hope the visas won't take too much longer.

Speak soon,

Hazel.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:53 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
As I mentioned on a previous thread, we took our police check forms down to the police station on Tuesday morning (6th) where they checked the ID for us and sent them off for us. Well, I came downstairs this morning and there they are on the door mat! They are dated the 8th of Jan, 2 days after we handed them in.

I would seriously suggest that you hand your forms in personally if you are about to have them done. They do say it's a bit quicker. But 2 days? They must have had that blue light flashing like crazy. Vroommmmmmmm!
Hi Steve (Jill's husband here),

Nice one, after watching the recent threads we decided to put ours in on 30th December 03 via recorded delivery. We got a letter back from Durham police data office on 5th Jan saying they had received them and they were being forwarded to Scotland Yard, although they did return our Driving licences and Medical cards by recorded delivery ? I guess because we have lived in about 5 places in the last 10 years rather than just Durham.

They indicated a 40 day processing time max. Jill or I will post when they finally come back.

Nice to hear you a little closer....

Best wishes

Warren

PS: I think you will see Jill has come off the fence a little in recent day !!

Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:57 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Rudy
Hi Steve,

Have you had your requests yet or are you just getting everything ready to go in? When do you go for your meds?

We finally exchanged contracts on the house on Thursday afternoon at 17:20. Talk about Stress! Selling houses in the UK is just a joke. That is 7 months after the initial offer - same buyer.

The shippers come in on 26th and 27th January and we complete on 30th. So then we move in with my mum, we just hope the visas won't take too much longer.

Speak soon,

Hazel.
Howzit Hazel,

Glad to hear about your house!

Medicals are booked for the 29th of Jan at Hitchin. We are doing them unrequested but as DIMIA are processing May apps now, it's only a matter of time before we are asked. DIMIA should recieve everything by the 2nd week in Feb and then we just have to wait to be asked for our bond money.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:13 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default steve........

what are you doing re posing ure meds n pc's off....... r u posting them direct or are you sending them via ama......

love boomie
xx
Old Jan 10th 2004, 10:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, just to clarify

I guess because we have lived in about 5 places in the last 10 years rather than just Durham.
all the police checks go from the local force down to Scotland Yard, they just ask for previous addresses as it helps if they have people with similar names to eliminate (eg, 15 John Smiths with criminal records born on the same day, an address can be helpful!!!). Scotland Yard return them direct to you. Steve, I'm seriously impressed. I knew they were fast at present, but 2 days has to be a record - must have been in the internal post to Scotland Yard that day (there is a courier type service between the Met and other forces), and turned straight round.

Nice to hear praise for my former colleagues for a change! I'll pass it on!!!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Howzit Hazel,

Glad to hear about your house!

Medicals are booked for the 29th of Jan at Hitchin. We are doing them unrequested but as DIMIA are processing May apps now, it's only a matter of time before we are asked. DIMIA should recieve everything by the 2nd week in Feb and then we just have to wait to be asked for our bond money.

Is there any reason why you are going to Hitchin for your meds as Upminster/Southend must be closer ???
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:36 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by jwinch
Is there any reason why you are going to Hitchin for your meds as Upminster/Southend must be closer ???
A friend of mine had some problems at the Upminster doctors and this delayed his application. The nearest x-ray department to Upminster, is at whipps cross. If we have them done at Hitchin then we can have both the x-rays and the medical done in one go, and it works out cheaper as well. For a family of four it works out at £440
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:41 am
I Know What's Going On!

Default Re: steve........

Originally posted by Boomerang
what are you doing re posing ure meds n pc's off....... r u posting them direct or are you sending them via ama......

love boomie
xx
The medical is getting sent direct to Adelaide by the doctor and the police checks are getting sent to AMA, because they need to photocopy them first before they send them on. The medicals have to be sent on by the doctor so that nobody tempers with them. I'll have to practise my drop-and-cough technique in one fluid motion!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Well impressed. Ours was the full 40 days but that's London for you !! Good luck and much haste with the rest of the process.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:56 am
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by sjn2003
Well impressed. Ours was the full 40 days but that's London for you !! Good luck and much haste with the rest of the process.
Thanks, i hope the rest goes as smoothly!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Good new Steve - one step nearer! I am off next Saturday to validate -will email you when I get back.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:24 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by debsy
Good new Steve - one step nearer! I am off next Saturday to validate -will email you when I get back.
Good luck Deb!

Let me know how you get on!

Steve.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:15 pm
WBB

hey, well done steve one more hurdle outta the way.

i guess god was on your side with this one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.