Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police checks delay

Police checks delay

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:31 pm
superam74

Default Police checks delay

Hi guys, I .had meds done on 20th Dec.Sent off forms for pcc's same time,got a letter & receipt back saying they won't reach me till 28th Jan at earliest.Oz immigration need everything by 12 Feb. How long does it take to look on the computer & see if I'm a crook or not

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks delay

apparently 40 days!

Lisa.x
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: Police checks delay

Originally Posted by superam74
Hi guys, I .had meds done on 20th Dec.Sent off forms for pcc's same time,got a letter & receipt back saying they won't reach me till 28th Jan at earliest.Oz immigration need everything by 12 Feb. How long does it take to look on the computer & see if I'm a crook or not
Scotland Yard are total numpties as far as i'm concerned.
We sent ours off with birth certs...6 weeks later returned letters with our names spelt wrong rendering them unusable!! took another 2 weeks to send them again!! birth certs in front of them and can't even spell my name right!
Someone is being paid to do that...God Help Us if we need to have a murder solved when they can't even get our names right!
Lynn
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:25 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Let DIMIA know about the delay and they're usually pretty decent about it.

Paul.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by diddy
Let DIMIA know about the delay and they're usually pretty decent about it.

Paul.
I agree,we were going to miss our deadline because of late PCC's and our agent informed DIMIA, explaining to them why and they were fine.
Lynn
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:10 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

You think youve had problems with police checks, you beter hope youve never been known by another name than what you use now.

I got my oz federal police check done no worries. States on there that they searched my x name and also my y name so its obvious they checked both names.
The UK check did check both names however they dont state that on the certificate so when I went to Sydney in November to lodge my application they demanded a police certificate in the other name.
Problem is I havent used the other name in over 20 years and couldnt just apply for a check in that name since I cant prove I was ever known by it !

Finally after getting scotland yard on the phone I managed to get a confirmation letter to the effect that the other name was searched and no results were found therefore meaning neither name has a police record.

Why the hell dont they just put that on the original certificate in the first place ? Its not like someone isnt going to ask about any other name I may have been known by.
The application for the police search asks if youve been known by any other name so the result should show that theyve searched ALL the names just like the AFP did for my ozzie police search.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It takes time to look because you are in a pile with thousands of other forms, and in order to do the job prpoerly if they find a close match they have to do more research. Thats why 40 days is allowed.
DIMIA are usually very understanding if you advise them of the expected timeline.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:08 pm
J and M

Hi sent for ours and then chased them up, they came back 37 days later (new years eve) that was a rush to get them sent that day as postman arrived at 11.45am. bugger. when I rang New Scotland yard they told me the waiting time was 42 days and I should call after that !!! Today I have just received another 2 for me and OH through the post (what are they playing at) but at least we now have spares should we need them. On saying that, had they been the originals that would have been over 50 days. It may be worth giving them a ring. It is a shame they are messing around sending me several copies when they can't even get some peoples originals back to them in the 40 day time scale. Good Luck

Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future

Depends wot area u live in , the first set we sent 4 ,in July 05 for me and my hubby took about 30 days, when we were told we now need one for my daughter as she had turned 18 , in Nov 05 we got it back in 2 weeks.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J and M
Hi sent for ours and then chased them up, they came back 37 days later (new years eve) that was a rush to get them sent that day as postman arrived at 11.45am. bugger. when I rang New Scotland yard they told me the waiting time was 42 days and I should call after that !!! Today I have just received another 2 for me and OH through the post (what are they playing at) but at least we now have spares should we need them. On saying that, had they been the originals that would have been over 50 days. It may be worth giving them a ring. It is a shame they are messing around sending me several copies when they can't even get some peoples originals back to them in the 40 day time scale. Good Luck
Based on experience, it may well be that after you chased them they sent another copy; so close to the deadline that they may have believed the first ones were missing - don't knock it, they were trying to help.
Polly
(police records checker!)
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:21 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paka
Depends wot area u live in , the first set we sent 4 ,in July 05 for me and my hubby took about 30 days, when we were told we now need one for my daughter as she had turned 18 , in Nov 05 we got it back in 2 weeks.
I thought they were all done centrally. My partner needed one from the UK, and send it to the West Mids police. But when she tried to chase on the status, it was directed to some centralised system. Still have not got anything back, must be close on 40 days now, but her last name is Smith, so I'd guess would need some extra attention!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:33 pm
J and M

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Based on experience, it may well be that after you chased them they sent another copy; so close to the deadline that they may have believed the first ones were missing - don't knock it, they were trying to help.
Polly
(police records checker!)
Believe me I am not knocking it. I just feel sorry for the people who are waiting. It also looks like we may need to use the spare copies as the originals arrived in Australia on the 6th December but cannot be traced after that. which country do you check the records in if it is Australia, could you please let me know you have mine.

Old Jan 13th 2006, 2:34 pm
J and M

Originally Posted by J and M
Believe me I am not knocking it. I just feel sorry for the people who are waiting. It also looks like we may need to use the spare copies as the originals arrived in Australia on the 6th December but cannot be traced after that. which country do you check the records in if it is Australia, could you please let me know you have mine.

OOOPPPSSS!! I meant the 6th January and have not been traced since.

Old Jan 13th 2006, 3:59 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

How long does it take to look on the computer & see if I'm a crook or not

got ours today mate

applied at local cop shop ( during office hours as ours shuts a 6pm now! please note any crimbos out there not to be naughty after 6 in future ) on 24th Nov so thats 49 days by my reckoning
Old Jan 13th 2006, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
I agree,we were going to miss our deadline because of late PCC's and our agent informed DIMIA, explaining to them why and they were fine.
Lynn
hi my agent hasnt informed me about any deadline. does anybody know how long after they request the checks you get to send them off as our checks were requested in november and were still waiting for our police checks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.