Police checks

Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

You can't get the staff nowadays!
Thats cos the staff are now over here
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:46 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Same here...The police station gave me a phone number to ring, and I eventually got through. I told them I needed 2 application forms, which they sent out.

They sent one small envelope that was supposed to fit 2 app forms (which were 2 pages each) 2 birth certificates, and a wedding certificate. They stated that the documents (birth certs etc) would be sent back to us recorded delivery, but the envelope to send them there, was a free post address.
To be safe, I ended up sending it to the free post address, by recorded delivery in a board backed envelope so-as not to ruin the certificates.....

...so what did they do?

Sent them back recorded delivery, crammed into a small envelope again!

You can't get the staff nowadays!

you obviously have a very generous police force, the forms turned up today (not bad 2 days later) but i didn't get a free envelope (it's just so not fair) i have to supply my own envelope (huh!!!)

Just checked form again, NOT EVEN FREEPOST!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:43 pm
Living in Oz & loving it

rick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura aboutrick07 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Why oh why oh why is everything i do never simple!!!!!!

I have done my homework, read all the threads regarding police checks, pop to my local police station, 'NO Mrs we don't do those here?????' 'Shit i thought, now what' :scared: after some deliberation i am given a phone number to ring and ask them

Phew, get home, ring number (bloody answer phone) leave details and we'll send one (i quickly added to message i need 2, don't want to have to go through this again )

Never simple is it!!!!!!!
Just to let you know that it takes up to 40 days to receive the forms back and costs £10.00 for each one!
Good luck!
Old Oct 12th 2005, 8:52 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
you obviously have a very generous police force, the forms turned up today (not bad 2 days later) but i didn't get a free envelope (it's just so not fair) i have to supply my own envelope (huh!!!)

Just checked form again, NOT EVEN FREEPOST!!!!!!!!
...didn't technically use the envelope, coz I put them in a board backed envelope (of my own) and paid recorded delivery charges to the free post address (which meant I didn't take advantage of the free post address anyway). So I wouldn't say they were generous.