Police checks

Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:52 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks

I am here on a 457 visa and had all the necessary police checks etc etc to get it. Was granted the visa in March this year. I want to apply for PR now but dont know whether I will have to go through all those medicals and checks again. Does anyone know if I do?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 4:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie
The guys at my local police station all looked at one another and then looked at me as if I'd just parked my space ship outside when I asked about Police Clearance...anway...a nice lady came from the back and said...'oh I know'.....yay..at last...Waited less than a month and it came...but low and behold...with a hideous typo...spelt my first name completely wrong...of course when I tried to call the office at New Scotland Yard it was all automated and all enquires have to be in writing...wrote and explained that I would like one wiht my name spelt correctly and haven't heard....sent another snotty letter today.....its been about 64 days...They are quick to cash ya cheques, but they're service is appalling!
Hi Rachel,
Might be worth trying to talk to the local Data Protection Officer - if you're in S Wales police area, phone 01656 303445 - and explain what has happened and how long you've waited. Tell them you are on a deadline for immigration. Worth a try at least, they may be able to contact NSY on your behalf.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:40 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi Rachel,
Might be worth trying to talk to the local Data Protection Officer - if you're in S Wales police area, phone 01656 303445 - and explain what has happened and how long you've waited. Tell them you are on a deadline for immigration. Worth a try at least, they may be able to contact NSY on your behalf.
Oh thanks hun...

Posted them a right snotty letter yesterday...maybe i was a bit rash!! I've been 'on the edge' recently!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:45 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie
The guys at my local police station all looked at one another and then looked at me as if I'd just parked my space ship outside when I asked about Police Clearance...anway...a nice lady came from the back and said...'oh I know'.....yay..at last...Waited less than a month and it came...but low and behold...with a hideous typo...spelt my first name completely wrong...of course when I tried to call the office at New Scotland Yard it was all automated and all enquires have to be in writing...wrote and explained that I would like one wiht my name spelt correctly and haven't heard....sent another snotty letter today.....its been about 64 days...They are quick to cash ya cheques, but they're service is appalling!

You obviously have a 'simple and easy' life like me!!!!!

Lets hope you get the next one spelt correctly, now i'm worried about ours as we've got a long and (acording to other's) hard to pronounce surname!!! :scared:
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sam - are you going to front load then ? Is this worth doing ?
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:44 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meelie
I am here on a 457 visa and had all the necessary police checks etc etc to get it. Was granted the visa in March this year. I want to apply for PR now but dont know whether I will have to go through all those medicals and checks again. Does anyone know if I do?
Hi M,

Police checks and meds last 12 months from when they were done BUT

1) Can you get DIMIA to find them ? Maybe not. Different sections dealing with PR than 457.......too much hassle etc etc. Easier for them to tell you they are needed again.

2) Depends what you submitted for the 457.....often just x-rays. PR will be full meds, x-rays and bloods.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:31 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi M,

Police checks and meds last 12 months from when they were done BUT

1) Can you get DIMIA to find them ? Maybe not. Different sections dealing with PR than 457.......too much hassle etc etc. Easier for them to tell you they are needed again.

2) Depends what you submitted for the 457.....often just x-rays. PR will be full meds, x-rays and bloods.
Thanks Bix. We had to do full meds, x-rays and bloods for 457 visa too.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:38 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
Hey Sam - are you going to front load then ? Is this worth doing ?

Police Checks were on the list agent has requested for when we submit visa, although i will probably hold out sending anything till the last minute (have only requested police forms at the moment, don't think we'll get them processed as yet) but as we hope to be in Oz before Dec 06, the year thingy wont come into it (ha ha ha she says)
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

Hi Pollyanna,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have sent off my Police Check request today and one little thing is bothering me.

Form 47P, tells you to request a 'Police clearance certificate/record', obtained under s7, Data Protection Act for the UK.

The forms that my local police station gave me for Thames Valley were for a Subject Access and the FAQ that was attached to it clearly states that 'The UK Police service DOES NOT issue 'Certificates of Good Conduct' or 'Police Clearance Certificates''

However, the FAQ/form does then go on to request that you tick a box if this 'Subject Access' is for visa/immigration purposes. So I am guessing this is the right thing I have applied for from your earlier post but just wondered if you know the history as to why the obvious discrepancy between DIMIA's form and the UK Police Service's?

Guess I'm just over curious / cautious (*delete as you see fit) but would appreciate any feedback from an established 'expert' as yourself ;-)

Cheers, Paul
Old Oct 11th 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Police Checks were on the list agent has requested for when we submit visa, although i will probably hold out sending anything till the last minute (have only requested police forms at the moment, don't think we'll get them processed as yet) but as we hope to be in Oz before Dec 06, the year thingy wont come into it (ha ha ha she says)

Oooh - we've not been asked - so that'll put you ahead of us. Not that it's a competition of course hehe

C'mon TRA - work faster !!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hunser
Hi Pollyanna,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I have sent off my Police Check request today and one little thing is bothering me.

Form 47P, tells you to request a 'Police clearance certificate/record', obtained under s7, Data Protection Act for the UK.

The forms that my local police station gave me for Thames Valley were for a Subject Access and the FAQ that was attached to it clearly states that 'The UK Police service DOES NOT issue 'Certificates of Good Conduct' or 'Police Clearance Certificates''

However, the FAQ/form does then go on to request that you tick a box if this 'Subject Access' is for visa/immigration purposes. So I am guessing this is the right thing I have applied for from your earlier post but just wondered if you know the history as to why the obvious discrepancy between DIMIA's form and the UK Police Service's?

Guess I'm just over curious / cautious (*delete as you see fit) but would appreciate any feedback from an established 'expert' as yourself ;-)

Cheers, Paul
Ok, I'll try and explain it - the police can't issue a certificate of good conduct or anything like that, cos they don't have any records to say your conduct is good (ir not!) What they CAN issue is a piece of paper saying if you have any convictions/cautions, and if you have then they will list them. This is what DIMIA are looking for from the UK, and this is what you will get having told them that your Subject Access request is for immigration purposes.

On some countries, specifically those with ID cards, and where citizens have to register their address with the police, (that kind of thing), the police have far greater knowledge of your conduct, and I believe that some of these countries do issue a "Certificate of Good Conduct".

What matters here though is that you did tick the right box, so don't worry!

Nice to be called an Expert by the way - obviously my 11 years checking people out counts for something!!! Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:19 pm
Sam
here and staying

Originally Posted by ohippy
Oooh - we've not been asked - so that'll put you ahead of us. Not that it's a competition of course hehe

C'mon TRA - work faster !!

But you'll get your TRA before ours!!!!!

We've only been ack 15 days to your 25
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

But you'll get your TRA before ours!!!!!

We've only been ack 15 days to your 25
Mine is since submission tho - remember, as far as I know I haven't received an acknowledgment !! Btw - I already have the wrinkles and grey hair
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

hunser is on a distinguished road

Many thanks for the reply, Pollyanna, slight worries are now suitably dispersed. Just 40 days to wait until I can start that life of crime I'd been thinking about

Cheers, Paul
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:17 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Why oh why oh why is everything i do never simple!!!!!!

I have done my homework, read all the threads regarding police checks, pop to my local police station, 'NO Mrs we don't do those here?????' 'Shit i thought, now what' :scared: after some deliberation i am given a phone number to ring and ask them

Phew, get home, ring number (bloody answer phone) leave details and we'll send one (i quickly added to message i need 2, don't want to have to go through this again )

Never simple is it!!!!!!!
Same here...The police station gave me a phone number to ring, and I eventually got through. I told them I needed 2 application forms, which they sent out.

They sent one small envelope that was supposed to fit 2 app forms (which were 2 pages each) 2 birth certificates, and a wedding certificate. They stated that the documents (birth certs etc) would be sent back to us recorded delivery, but the envelope to send them there, was a free post address.

To be safe, I ended up sending it to the free post address, by recorded delivery in a board backed envelope so-as not to ruin the certificates.....

...so what did they do?

Sent them back recorded delivery, crammed into a small envelope again!

You can't get the staff nowadays!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.