British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Police checks ?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/police-checks-316215/)

The S's Jul 26th 2005 7:18 pm

Police checks ??

Could you please advise us how to send police checks and Meds receipts?

Have you sent them via UPS at £45 a pop or have you sent them standard postage?

Had meds today and after weeks of sleepless nights worrying about these meds was no problem at all, can finally sleep peacefully tonight at last!!!

Also celebrating tonight they are out the way!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheers mates

bridiej Jul 26th 2005 7:28 pm

Re: Police checks ??

I posted our police checks using Royal Mail, the meds should be sent by the panel doc not you.

ozzygirl Jul 26th 2005 7:52 pm

Hi'a

Congratulations on getting the meds out of the way, we have ours on Saturday and are getting a bit nervous.

What did they do at yours and where did you have them done as i hear they vary greatly.

Angie :)

Centurion Jul 26th 2005 8:29 pm

Seem to recall that our checks I sent Courier mainly due to the total paranoid behaviour that seems to overtake you in the months leading up to the grant.

The doctor should send the medicals direct and you dont have to do anything else about those.

I guess Royal Mail or Courier is just personal preference :)

On the bright side you're nearly there then! :cool:

The S's Jul 26th 2005 8:57 pm

Hi Angie,

I have been unbearable waiting for these meds (hubby will confirm) I was worried to hell, however on arriving we were met by lovely people who put us straight at ease.

We had our paperwork looked at first, then bloods (adults or over 15) weight, height and eyesight and urine tests, then went in the next room for x-rays, all done in the same building. We were there for approx 1 hr 30 mins and it was a breeze. I know everybody says don't worry meds are fine but I was'nt convinced, in actual fact I was amazed at how little they delve into. I could have saved my self endless nights of worry it was absolutely fine, it may be down to the fact that there were so many people waiting of meds for Oz, there was a waiting room full of people!!! so I think they rushed us through which is fine by me.

We went to Handsworth Wood Med centre and can't reccomend it high enough plus Dr. Harding was gorgeous!!!! so I think I showed him a little more than needed !!!

Please noboby was more worried than me, it was truly fine, we all got a category A so onto next stage please!!!!!

Good luck Buds !!!! :D

The S's Jul 26th 2005 9:37 pm

BTW docs will have sent meds off, it was'nt those we were asking about it was police checks sorry.

Cheers

wargod Jul 26th 2005 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by The S's
Could you please advise us how to send police checks and Meds receipts?

Have you sent them via UPS at £45 a pop or have you sent them standard postage?

Had meds today and after weeks of sleepless nights worrying about these meds was no problem at all, can finally sleep peacefully tonight at last!!!

Also celebrating tonight they are out the way!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheers mates

I asked the quack to UPS them - for hich i paid the additional £40 ish quid - equally i ups'd the police jobbies too - that ay i know that DIMIA etc definately recieved them!!

debbiemc Jul 26th 2005 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by wargod
I asked the quack to UPS them - for hich i paid the additional £40 ish quid - equally i ups'd the police jobbies too - that ay i know that DIMIA etc definately recieved them!!

hope i don't sound too dim but when you have the medicals, is any information from your GP notes made available?

i'm paranoid about booking an appointment at the GP to ask for a physio refferal for a frozen shoulder in case it gets passed on!!