Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks...

Police Checks...

Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Question Police Checks...

Hi.. just wondering how long police checks are taking at the moment, ours went off at the begining of the month.. so about 3 weeks ago now..I know they have 40 days , and we do have quite a common surname.. but it's like waiting for paint to dry...
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks...

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Hi.. just wondering how long police checks are taking at the moment, ours went off at the begining of the month.. so about 3 weeks ago now..I know they have 40 days , and we do have quite a common surname.. but it's like waiting for paint to dry...
My surnames Jones and my police check was back within the 4 weeks so don't worry! Good luck!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Ours took 3 weeks and 1 day. The waiting is frustrating I know.
You should get them back anytime now. Keep smiling
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:37 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Do the police check letters need certifying as well?
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Do the police check letters need certifying as well?
Hi
Once you receive the police check, it has a blue stripe at the top and bottom of the sheet, this has to be sent to DIMIA as an original. Copies, certified or not are not acceptable.
Make yourself a copy though before you send it off.
Old Oct 21st 2004, 8:49 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You must send the Original Police Checks. They're a rather plain looking letter with a blue stripe across the top. Hardly says anything at all.

If you are the gambling sort then you just send the original and dont worry about it and hope that whoever you use dont lose the package

If you are not the gambling sort then you can photocopy and certify them and keep the copies at home in case the package goes awol en-route to DIMIA. The police will issue duplicates quicker than they will the originals if you do lose them.

But in first instance you MUST send DIMIA the originals.