Police Checks!

Old Jun 29th 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Checks!

We are in the process of applying for our visa's - having been accepted by the Labour agreement. However a minor driving offence has reared it's ugly head - against my husband, back in 1984. He basically skidded on black ice and hit another car. He had to pay a fine and that was the end of the matter.

Has anyone previously been in the similiar position and still had their visa application accepted? Or was it rejected - even for a driving offence over twenty years previous?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 3:29 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I've not been through the same sort of thing, but from what I've previousley re police checks you've not really got much to worry about if that was all that happened. (he wasn't being chased by the police at the time or anything was he?)

I'm sure someone can be more definitive, but I cant see this stopping you getting your visa.

Good Luck.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:40 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Police Checks!

Originally posted by pmntchambers
We are in the process of applying for our visa's - having been accepted by the Labour agreement. However a minor driving offence has reared it's ugly head - against my husband, back in 1984. He basically skidded on black ice and hit another car. He had to pay a fine and that was the end of the matter.

Has anyone previously been in the similiar position and still had their visa application accepted? Or was it rejected - even for a driving offence over twenty years previous?

I really cant see that being a problem at all. There are people who have visas who have a larger list of charges/convictions than your husband and have had no or few problems at all. As longs you're not going to be a threat to the population etc there should be no prob. Just be honest about it & unless he was actually convicted of anything I wouldnt think about it twice
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:48 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks!

Originally posted by pmntchambers

Hardly a criminal record, you'll be fine!!