Wikiposts

Police checks

Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

debsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond reputedebsvirgo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police checks

Ok , saturday morning, had the usual bumphhh of mail, and in amongst the mail was a small white envelope, bearing my name, and a private and confdential warning ( shite i thought its the bank, reminding me of the basics of banking, " deposit more ~ withdraw less ) omg that sounds kinky....

Anyway, opened the envelope, and its my police checks, on reading the letter , which was WHOLLY UNDERIMPRESSIVE and UNDERWHELMING, it states "this person named above for whom police checks have been asked, we have no records"

1. im assuming i havnt opened something i shouldnt have, as i had not had a clue what it was or who it was from.

2. im also assuming that the context of the letter is Positive.

3. i am aware that ASSUME does make an ASS outta U and ME !!

Any ideas greatly appreciated
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies this POST should have been by ME !!! wifey was on my computer last and didnt log out, and plonka here didnt check i was already logged in , but alas in her name sowwy
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:22 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Yep - that is the police check returned and yep it is positive!!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:30 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster
Yep - that is the police check returned and yep it is positive!!

Crikey POLL, its a bit of a disappointment , i mean its great they come back POSITIVE lol, but gee i was expecting, reams of checks and analysis etc lol.... cheers < <<<NOW
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:32 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

It is a rather understated type of thing, isn't it! But hey - if it helps get your visa I don't care!!

Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:41 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Pollster
It is a rather understated type of thing, isn't it! But hey - if it helps get your visa I don't care!!

Yeah true, pity the meds checks arent so scant on detail !
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:00 pm
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have experience of getting a UK police check, whilst in OZ.

I'll have to get mine and hubby's done in about 12 months time just want to know how easy or hard it is.

Trayla
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:03 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Trayla

I'll have to get mine and hubby's done in about 12 months time just want to know how easy or hard it is.

Trayla

Far as i know , Debs just posted ours to West mids police together with proof of id, and they sent confirmation back , saying thanks for the money and that the checks would be passed to Scotland Yard ...

Perhaps you could fill out and post to uk friend the relevant paperwork and get them to send them in for you, not sure though if they must be returned to a registered address ??
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:08 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Trayla

Trayla
not from OZ, but we are applying for Chris's from here in Germany.

Application was easy enough. Guess it will be same process from OZ.
- wrote to local police station where chris last lived in Scotland
- got reply emailed back from their Data protection unit including soft copies of the forms
- filled out the forms, got them signed by the local dentist (fine upstanding welshman current working in germany)
- posted them back including GBP10 and proof of ID

now biting fingernails waiting for reply.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Crikey POLL, its a bit of a disappointment , i mean its great they come back POSITIVE lol, but gee i was expecting, reams of checks and analysis etc lol.... cheers < <<<NOW
And I'd rather it was short and sweet than long and scary. Got mine on Friday. Just waiting for the aussie one now....
Old Feb 4th 2004, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default How quick was that

Just received my police check report. Not bad considering I only applied for it just over 1 week ago. Now is obviously a quiet time.

Another job ticked off my list.

Sharon
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:54 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

When I was asked if I had a criminal record, I told them I didn't think it was still compulsory!..... Bum bum!!..... The old ones are the best. (sorry, its been a long and kack day).

Proper question now.....Is it possible to get Police checks done via the police force web sites? Seem to remember reading somewhere that some forces have this facility. Maybe I should ask on the immigration forum but just thought it was worth a try.

Cheers m'dears!

Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied via the internet last Tuesday.
We have had acknowledgement that scotland yard have the application.

Cheers
Karen
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible to get Police checks done via the police force web sites? Seem to remember reading somewhere that some forces have this facility.
Essex will apparently accept them via their website, but I think they are the only ones so far.