Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

police checks.!!!

police checks.!!!

Old Sep 14th 2003, 3:48 pm
WBB

Default police checks.!!!

hi i am in the process of getting things together ready to front load my spouse application, there is a bit of a problem with the police check form.

i have put a link to the south wales police below (pdf format) and i am a bit confused as to what to put in section 2, section 1 is straight forward name address etc as is sections 3 and 4.

in section 2 do i just tick box A to get information held on convictions or tick all the boxes?

click here

Old Sep 14th 2003, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: police checks.!!!

Originally posted by welshboybilly
hi i am in the process of getting things together ready to front load my spouse application, there is a bit of a problem with the police check form.

i have put a link to the south wales police below (pdf format) and i am a bit confused as to what to put in section 2, section 1 is straight forward name address etc as is sections 3 and 4.

in section 2 do i just tick box A to get information held on convictions or tick all the boxes?

click here
Hi there
When completing our police checks, we only filled in section 1 and 4. As we didn't need to access prosecution files or anything like this, I didnt think we needed to tick these boxes. Only done the personal information part..ie address etc, and how long at certain address. This was obviously ok because we had them back in about 4 weeks.
Regards
Heather
Old Sep 14th 2003, 7:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi welshboybilly,

I've looked at the form - you need to tick A - Prosecution History/Convictions/Cautions. Section 3 you don't need to complete unless there is a specific local incident about which you want information - if so, this will come in a separate report, and not on the standard Subject Access clearance from New Scotland Yard.
=========

All the police forces have slightly different forms, and some are clearer than others! For anyone else who is confused, you need to fill in the boxes that indicate Conviction History or Records held on the Police National Computer (PNC).

Hope this helps,
Old Sep 14th 2003, 8:50 pm
WBB

i thought as much but just wanted it confirmed, many thanks.

Old Sep 14th 2003, 9:16 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

they have a copy of the form at the central police station anyways.

Just take your passport and some utlity bill and you'll be sorted.
Old Sep 14th 2003, 9:40 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Wink

spoke to my local police authority about this a few weeks ago and they said that the only information needed for emigration was anything related to criminal offences and convictions.:lecture:
Old Sep 14th 2003, 10:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thats correct Neil, so as long as the bit for a PNC convictions check is ticked, you can ignore anthing about DVLA checks, local Police record checks, checks on missing people, and all the other categories different forces are listing.

Would be much easier for everyone if they had a national form, but that won't come till the day the checks are done by the Criminal Records Bureau (which now does the checks on people working with kids). Having worked with the chaos it causes, the further off that day is, the better for all of us!