Police Checks

Old Jul 20th 2002, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

SiggyG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Checks

We are at the medical and police check stage of the Immigration process to Australia(skilled Independant under my wife who, thank God, is a nurse).
We recieved notification early June to have our medicals and PCC done. We posted our Police checks the next day aware that the 49 day limit Adelaide gives you would mean it would be tight. Little did we know how tight! The medicals and checks are due in on Wednesday and the Police Checks have taken the maximum 40 days allowed by Law. We dont think we will be able to get them to Adelaide by Wednesday even by courier.
We sent our medicals 4 days ago with a covering letter telling them the Police checks were likely to be a few days late.
SO can anyone tell me...will adelaide allow us the few extra days leeway? It wasnt our fault!
Apart from that we sent our application in initially in March and its all been plain sailing apart from this.
Can anyone help?

Thanks
Siggy
Old Jul 21st 2002, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

max kilby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Checks

Siggy -

Although we did all of ours via an agency (who did all of the donkey work) our police checks were sent back within 'their' timescale but outside Adelaides timescale.

In brief I think that as long as you keep Adelaide informed what's going on you should be OK.

Expect to start feeling extra anxious now about 'have I got anything wrong with me' or 'are they going to change the selection criteria' while you wait for the final processing.

As an idea for timescales we sent to Adelaide on skilled independant category (yes IT I Know) and just managed to get approval before the priority processing was stopped. From sending application it was 2.5 months to reply stage requesting police check and medicals. Once we had returned them it was another 4 weeks until we heard thet we needed to send passports to be visa stamped.

All in all including the skills assessment it's been 20 months which I thought was bad until I saw some of the horror stories posted here.

Good luck.

MAX
Old Jul 21st 2002, 8:38 am
Just Joined

SiggyG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Max,
We were getting anxious. Its fine knowing you have to do things in the process but when you have to send for Police Checks you seem to have to put your life in the lap of the gods. We hope we'll get them Monday(day 42) which now, after reading the other experiences on here , seems relatively quick.
We didnt use an agent either. The forms didnt seem that difficult. Might be counting my chickens though!
Thanks again
SiggyG
Old Jul 21st 2002, 10:22 am
Royprice1

we have just received our police checks but took 60 days i spoke to my agent in oz
and they said to send your receipt from the police and a covering letter as the oz
government knew the brits were having problems getting police checks done in time,
anyway the police are going to make police checks redundent soon. from roy "SiggyG"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > We are at the medical and police check stage of the Immigration process to
    > Australia(skilled Independant under my wife who, thank God, is a nurse). We
    > recieved notification early June to have our medicals and PCC done. We posted our
    > Police checks the next day aware that the 49 day limit Adelaide gives you would
    > mean it would be tight. Little did we know how tight! The medicals and checks are
    > due in on Wednesday and the Police Checks have taken the maximum 40 days allowed by
    > Law. We dont think we will be able to get them to Adelaide by Wednesday even by
    > courier. We sent our medicals 4 days ago with a covering letter telling them the
    > Police checks were likely to be a few days late. SO can anyone tell me...will
    > adelaide allow us the few extra days leeway? It wasnt our fault! Apart from that we
    > sent our application in initially in March and its all been plain sailing apart
    > from this. Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks Siggy
    >
    >
    >
    > --