British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Police checks (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/police-checks-109522/)

Snickers Jul 16th 2002 5:00 pm

Police checks

We have had requests for Police checks and medicals.
The case officer has requested these back in Adelaide by 29 August, we have applied for the police checks on 02 July and the medicals arranged for 23 July.

Has anyone any updates on timescales for the police checks and what happens if we cannot get the info back to Adelaide by the stated date.

shaun/lor Jul 16th 2002 7:20 pm

Re: Police checks

sent for wifes police check on 3rd june havent got it back yet, but soon we hope,
shaun

Rob Jul 16th 2002 8:20 pm

In <[email protected]> Snickers wrote:
    > We have had requests for Police checks and medicals. The case officer has requested
    > these back in Adelaide by 29 August, we have applied for the police checks on 02
    > July and the medicals arranged for 23 July.
    >
    > Has anyone any updates on timescales for the police checks and what happens if we
    > cannot get the info back to Adelaide by the stated date.

My UK police check took 49 days to arrive last week.

Noiseboy Jul 17th 2002 12:20 pm

In article <[email protected]>, rob <[email protected]> wrote:

> In <[email protected]> Snickers wrote:
    > > We have had requests for Police checks and medicals. The case officer has
    > > requested these back in Adelaide by 29 August, we have applied for the police
    > > checks on 02 July and the medicals arranged for 23 July.
    > >
    > > Has anyone any updates on timescales for the police checks and what happens if we
    > > cannot get the info back to Adelaide by the stated date.

Other recent posts on this NG have suggested that (here in the U.K. at least)
information held on Police computers about you by law must be provided to you
within 40 days of requesting it. If after this period it still hasn't shown up then
a call to the N.I.S. on 020 7230 2958 pointing this fact out usually does the
trick. People have subsequently received their police check typically within 48
hrs. Your mileage may vary.

--
Noiseboy

SiggyG Jul 20th 2002 9:33 pm

I have found to my dismay that the Police Checks are taking the full 40 days allowed by the Data Protection act 1988.
We have a reciept showing that the Police recieved our applications on the 11th of June and were told they were completed Thursday18th of July to be posted on Friday 19th of July! We expect them to arrive on Monday. They have to be in Adelaide on Wednesday and no courier service it appears can get them there that quickly.
Hope this helps!
SiggyG

Jaj Jul 21st 2002 3:20 am

I suggest you phone or email your case officer and tell him there is going to be a
slight delay in receiving the certificates.

Jeremy

>On 20 Jul 2002 22:20:18 GMT, SiggyG <[email protected]> wrote: I have found
    >to my dismay that the Police Checks are taking the full 40 days allowed by the Data
    >Protection act 1988. We have a reciept showing that the Police recieved our
    >applications on the 11th of June and were told they were completed Thursday18th of
    >July to be posted on Friday 19th of July! We expect them to arrive on Monday. They
    >have to be in Adelaide on Wednesday and no courier service it appears can get them
    >there that quickly. Hope this helps! SiggyG
    >
    >
    >
    >--

shaun/lor Jul 21st 2002 9:43 pm

luckily we are in no hurry for our police checks but incase it is of help to anyone else, we have now waited 48 days and still not recived it.
good old scot yard. i think they must have a commodore 64
as thier mainframe computer, as this seems to be the only excuse they can think of. ***holes,
ok that made me feel better shaun xx

SiggyG Jul 21st 2002 10:31 pm

Actually Sean, Was told it was a Sinclair QL they were using!!!
But seriously if they have not got them back to you after 49 days they are breaking the law!! Complain! They can look your name up on the screen and tell you where it is in the Q!
And I understand the final emotion!

Hope this helps you!
SiggyG