Police Check

Old Aug 4th 2002, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

armatage shanks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Check

Hi - This is our first message, so be gentle with us.

My wife, son and I are hoping to emigrate to WA. We're waiting for Trades recognition at the moment..... we're not using an agent so would be grateful for any tips when completing the application for residency under general skills. We've heard that if you send the police check with the application this speeds up the process... is this true ?
Old Aug 5th 2002, 8:20 am
Alan F

Default Re: Police Check

sure is quicker "armatage shanks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi - This is our first message, so be gentle with us.
    >
    > My wife, son and I are hoping to emigrate to WA. We're waiting for Trades
    > recognition at the moment..... we're not using an agent so would be grateful for
    > any tips when completing the application for residency under general skills. We've
    > heard that if you send the police check with the application this speeds up the
    > process... is this true ?
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Aug 5th 2002, 11:57 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Armatage - like the handle :-)) ... you're not a plumber by any chance are you?

In answer to your question - the submission of your police report and medicals with your visa application is unlikely to mean you get a visa any quicker. Some of those in the "old" queue in London who had front-end loaded their applications with medicals, etc were fortunate to be picked out when London was given an extra allocation at the end of the recently completed Program Year, but as a general rule I advise against submitting these details initially.

Note also that police reports and medicals usually have a 12 month validity and determine the initial entry date on permanent visas - with processing times at 50 weeks in Adelaide the likelihood is that the police reports and medicals will have expired before you get a visa decision.

Hope this helps.

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.com and
http://www.collettandco.co.uk
Offices in Southampton, England and Melbourne, Australia
Old Aug 5th 2002, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Alan, there used to be an Armitage Shanks not far from us near Lichfield, that was a few years ago when I was a little girl. I remember going for a walk one day with my aunt and uncle who lived in Armitage and thought it strange about 5-6 toilets not far from the path way where we were walking. My uncle then informed this little girl could'nt have been no older than 10 that this was where bathroom suites were made.

Not too sure if it's still there today?

But I do remember they did some Lovely colours aaahhhh - Burgundy, Blue, and Avocado... mmmm.... how tastes have changed!!!! It's either White or Cream these days!!!

Julie
Old Aug 5th 2002, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

armatage shanks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Hi Armatage - like the handle :-)) ... you're not a plumber by any chance are you?

In answer to your question - the submission of your police report and medicals with your visa application is unlikely to mean you get a visa any quicker. Some of those in the "old" queue in London who had front-end loaded their applications with medicals, etc were fortunate to be picked out when London was given an extra allocation at the end of the recently completed Program Year, but as a general rule I advise against submitting these details initially.

Note also that police reports and medicals usually have a 12 month validity and determine the initial entry date on permanent visas - with processing times at 50 weeks in Adelaide the likelihood is that the police reports and medicals will have expired before you get a visa decision.

Hope this helps.

No - not a plumber, I've just got a thing about porcelain.

Thanks for that.. very useful we'll wait until we're asked for it - just one other thing though - I've got a traffic offence conviction which was about 6 years ago - therefore it's no longer on my licence - would this have to be divulged and if so would it have any implications ? The offence was for not reporting an accident [which sounds very harsh for a car parking nudge].

Cheers
Mr Shanks

Alan Collett
alan-at-gomatilda-dot-com
Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534
and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
http://www.gomatilda.com and
http://www.collettandco.co.uk
Offices in Southampton, England and Melbourne, Australia
Old Aug 6th 2002, 12:07 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello again Mr. S.

Disclose the offence on your visa application - but I don't expect there to be any adverse consequence for your application.

Best regards.

Originally posted by armatage shanks

Thanks for that.. very useful we'll wait until we're asked for it - just one other thing though - I've got a traffic offence conviction which was about 6 years ago - therefore it's no longer on my licence - would this have to be divulged and if so would it have any implications ? The offence was for not reporting an accident [which sounds very harsh for a car parking nudge].

Cheers
Mr Shanks