Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is the points system changing end december?

Is the points system changing end december?

Old Dec 5th 2003, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Is the points system changing end december?

PLEASE tell me that part of a thread I have just read is incorrect!
The suggestion was that there are to be changes to the points system at the end of December - and that 115 points will not be enough.
I have checked the DIMIA site - nothing
I have tried to check if there was any reference to this (as suggested) on this site, and find none.
We should recieve our TRA letter any time now, (all going well) but will not get stuff over to Oz before Xmas
In the nicest possible way I hope the person who made this suggestion is WRONG - I think i'm having a heart attack!!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Dec 5th 2003, 9:52 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thinks maybe they were posting about New Zealand
Old Dec 6th 2003, 10:43 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the points system changing end december?

Originally posted by johnkay
PLEASE tell me that part of a thread I have just read is incorrect!
The suggestion was that there are to be changes to the points system at the end of December - and that 115 points will not be enough.
I have checked the DIMIA site - nothing
I have tried to check if there was any reference to this (as suggested) on this site, and find none.
We should recieve our TRA letter any time now, (all going well) but will not get stuff over to Oz before Xmas
In the nicest possible way I hope the person who made this suggestion is WRONG - I think i'm having a heart attack!!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Usually, any points changes take place in July. If there's nothing on the DIMIA website then you will be fine (as long as you get passed the points assessment by then:scared: ).

Jane
Old Dec 6th 2003, 11:20 am
I never gave up trying

gunnercaz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Is the points system changing end december?

Sorry JohnKay

Advice was given to me a couple of weeks ago and I too still had to prepare my application for posting and I also panicked.

I heard about points rise throug someone else who has also applied and he has a friend in Sydney. But I believe it is totally unfounded having checked websites and from reading other entries on this forum, the advice to me was alot of rubbish and totally unfounded. Please ignore this 'rumour' that I heard....soz for any confusion or panic caused.

I hope your application goes well.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 2:16 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Usually, any points changes take place in July. If there's nothing on the DIMIA website then you will be fine (as long as you get passed the points assessment by then:scared: ).
Jane,

The Australian Federal Government's fiscal year is from July till June. So, annual migration targets come in force from July each year. Perhaps you got that confused with the points system.

There is no fixed "season" for alteration of the passmarks. The last passmark adjustment was done in May 2002.

Peter
Old Dec 6th 2003, 4:09 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ptlabs
Jane,

The Australian Federal Government's fiscal year is from July till June. So, annual migration targets come in force from July each year. Perhaps you got that confused with the points system.

There is no fixed "season" for alteration of the passmarks. The last passmark adjustment was done in May 2002.

Peter
Sorry Peter,

I got it wrong again. I thought they announced targets and points etc. around May time, but they didn't come into force till July.

I know the points went up in between us deciding to migrate and actually starting the process and then Jim's skill was removed from the MODL the week before we applied to the ACS.

Jane
Old Dec 12th 2003, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by gunnercaz
Sorry JohnKay

Advice was given to me a couple of weeks ago and I too still had to prepare my application for posting and I also panicked.

I heard about points rise throug someone else who has also applied and he has a friend in Sydney. But I believe it is totally unfounded having checked websites and from reading other entries on this forum, the advice to me was alot of rubbish and totally unfounded. Please ignore this 'rumour' that I heard....soz for any confusion or panic caused.

I hope your application goes well.
No need to apologise - but i am glad your info was incorrect.
There is so much involved in this process it is so easy to get muddled. Especially as you are thinking with your heart and your head. Let's hope it is all worth it in the end - when we are sitting round our pool, on a hot December evening, sipping a cool glass of some thing nice (tia maria for me) we will look back and wonder why we got in such a panic!
Good Luck with your application